Chapter 5

"So Billie how old are you?" I asked, Trying to make small talk. "oh, I'm 19" She said casually, "Oh that's cool, so tell me a little bit about yourself" I said resting my chin on my hands looking at her. "Oh well um, I've been homeschooled my whole life uh, My brother finneas is my best friend, I make music for a livin-" she said, Cutting off at the end, "Shit" she said. I looked puzzled. "so you make..Music?" I asked "You weren't supposed to know that it slipped I.." she mumbled looking away, I put a hand on her shoulder "I'm not gonna treat you any differently y'know" I said retreating my hand back to my lap, her face seemed to light up a bit "Okay" she smiled, "But anyways enough about me, what about you?" She asked, I wasn't expecting that. "Uhh, well..I'm 19, I have a dog named cloud, my favorite color is forest green, i really like to swim and sometimes draw and uh yeah" I said nervously.
When will Lani be back..She knows I'm anti-social and not good at making conversations. I thought. Me and Billie just made small talk until we heard the bell ring. "Hm.." I mumbled "what's wrong?" Billie asked, "Well, Lani's not back yet, She Shouldn't have took this long" I said worried. "I have time before math I'll go check on her" Billie offered. "okay thanks bil.." I said "Haha bil?" She chuckled "Shit no I'm sorry I meant Billie!" I said running away, my cheeks burned
Fuck..why did I say that! I'm so dumb, Ugh why am I so awkward?!
I ran to class, Finally art..Atleast I can relax a bit, I got in and immediately sat down, We had an assignment from yestarday so the class already knew what to do, I sat down, staring at the pencil until I finally picked it up, I started drawing, deep in thought.
I can't beilive I said that..No stop, It's fine your just overthinking like always.. Pull yourself together Nikki, this is dumb. I'll just watch what I say I guess so I don't embarrass myself...
Class practically whizzed by, It was finally time to go home, I went to my locker to get my stuff, I grabbed my backpack and was about to go when I heard a voice call me, "Nikki!" I turned around, Billie. "she went home" Billie said out of breath. "huh??" I said confused. "mhm" Billie mumbled. "Thanks..I gotta go..Bye" I said turning to leave "wait" she called, but I pretended I didn't hear her, I know it's mean but..I just needed to cool off I guess, and figure out what the hell was going on with Lani.