44: Lonely

Jimin had tried his hardest to stay away from Yoongi for his own good, but he just couldn't in the end. Min Yoongi was so much of a likeable person that even though he thought that he'd thoroughly convinced himself that he'd had enough, the male still somehow crept his way back into his mind again after just a few days.

Or Jimin's will was just really weak, that was probably it. He couldn't have possibly wanted to see Yoongi that much, right? Even the question caused him to second guess himself.

So what if he enjoyed having Yoongi's company even if it weren't in person? It was better than being alone, that was for sure.

He stepped along the sidewalk, carrying his wallet and some bags. On the way home, he was stopping at the store since Jeongguk was unable to, for some reason. He had said something about preparing for something, but Jimin didn't know what he was talking about. At the moment, their fridge had barely enough to live on, let alone stress eat if he were going to think about this any longer, thus was the reason he agreed to take the task upon himself.

So he was technically carrying more than he needed to, with all of the extra food being so he could replenish his habit of eating when he was stressed out. Now that he thought about it, since he was around, he'd lost interest in his usual habits. The constant rolling of shoulders had now dwindled to only once in a long while, and he didn't hesitate to stop himself before he did it. It seemed that the weight of Yoongi's presence had settled in some good ways.

There were some bad ways in which they'd settled, but he decided to ignore those at the moment. It was more important to focus on the task at hand, which was getting home. He wanted to get the groceries home before his body decided to freeze and stiffen up to the point that he couldn't walk.

When he finally reached their apartment complex, he tracked his way into the apartment quietly, knowing fully well that it was late at night and that he might be asleep. After all, he had been sleeping earlier ever since he came home from Taehyung's house months earlier.

It wasn't until he took off his shoes that he heard the shower going and eventually pieced the puzzle together: Jeongguk had decided to wash up. It wasn't unusual for him to do so, so he ignored it and kept putting things away in their respective cupboards. The task proved to be therapeutic in a sense, with the way that his movements were so easy and fluid along the counter that it became similar to a practiced dance.

For a while, he felt at peace in the silence, letting his feet glide along the floor. His blonde hair did a little dance of its own on his forehead with each step he took, and he found himself feeling airy with the way that the shorter whisps tickled him. It was a while before he noticed that he was being watched.

Even when it was normally that way, he felt that the gaze was a little off. He turned around, finding Jeongguk. Not a surprise either.

"Ah hi," Jimin said slowly, a small smile gracing his features as he noted the boy's dripping hair and the way that he held himself, his stature slowly drooping to one side. Jeongguk stayed silent and watched him, wrapping the towel that he'd been holding over his shoulders. "You took a shower, I see?"

Jeongguk nodded, but he didn't say anything.

The awkward tension between them surfaced just as Jimin tucked away another snack into a drawer, finding Jeongguk still looking at him. It was unsettling that he hadn't said anything yet, seeming like he was a little out of place in the room. He didn't look completely present, like he was debating something in his head.

"Jimin."

Jeongguk's voice broke their silence, and he found himself looking at him confusedly. His head tilt conveyed the way that he didn't know what was happening, and as Jeongguk sighed, he figured he'd forgotten something.