34: Don't Feel Like It

Jimin managed to convince Yoongi that he would be fine walking home by himself, though it proved to be a more difficult task than he had imagined. The boy was adamant on taking him home, even though he would have to walk back home by himself, which didn't make sense to Jimin at all.

Why would he want to put himself in harm's way just to get Jimin home? That just didn't equate.

But long story short, he made it home on his own without cuts or bruises, just cold arms and tired legs. As per Yoongi's request, he sent him a message when he had arrived safely. Jimin waited for the boy's short reply, then he went to sleep without thinking a second thought on the matter.

The next morning, he woke up to his mental alarm with a small headache and a runny nose, recognizing them as symptoms of a cold, the light pitter-patter of rain bothering him immensely. He ran a hand over his face and cursed himself for not wearing warmer clothing the evening prior, although he never remembered when he decided to go out and would get another slap from himself in no time.

So it made no sense to beat himself up over it if it wouldn't even be the least bit effective in the future.

This morning, he decided, surely wasn't going to be any different from the others, so he slowly got up, took some medicine and showered himself, cleansing any grime off for his classes, taking time in the cold water, despite feeling himself shiver, to think about life.

He often found that showers were where some of the most important thoughts played out and were forgotten in the flurry of events following them under a rather unfortunate effect of time, probably even forgetting a number of things he was thinking about even that day that his brain wouldn't permit him to remember.

Since he was running a little past his schedule, he decided to skip the usual facial products and put on his clothes, wrapping a towel around his waist and running his fingers through his hair to hopefully detangle it as much as possible.

Right after getting done with putting his bag together for the day, he pulled his boots on and headed out the door, taking no time to make breakfast. He wanted to get to the lecture hall quickly so that he could be at class early.

Did he actually want to get coffee, or was he just going there to run into Yoongi? Jimin groaned, ignoring that thought with a grimace at himself.

When he got outside, the cool breeze chilled his arms to the point where they got goosebumps, and the sky was colored a gloomy shade of gray, rain falling in large drops over his head. It wasn't too bad, so he didn't think to bring an umbrella, the pitter-patter continued but kept to a minimum.

About five minutes into his walk, Jimin decided to pick up the pace, trying to keep himself from getting soaked before class even started. It wasn't the best idea to be attending class with a cold, but he promised himself that he'd take care of it afterward as a gift for doing well that day.

He hummed a small tune to himself, opening the door to Shin's Coffee and Tea where the bell rang above him, spotting only Jin behind the counter, taking the weight of all the orders. He waited in line for a few minutes, quietly tapping his foot to the tune that he'd been humming before, awaiting the time when he would get to the front.

Turns out that his judgement of how slow that was going to be wasn't accurate, as it took Seokjin a maximum of three minutes to work through the whole line by himself, spitting their orders back in fast verses to a second barista that Jimin couldn't see, which he found to be relatively impressive.

Not long after that, he was on his way out the door with a warm beverage in hand and a content smile upon his features, involuntarily curving the edges of his lips upward. He was finally starting his morning off right for once, not a single negative thought in his head.