27: Early Versus Late

After Jimin got out of the shower and dried himself, he washed his face the best he could with what he had. He hadn't gone out to buy any more materials, not having the extra money to do so. Of course, he saved his extra money for coffee, but besides that, he was basically broke.

It was horribly stupid of him to not take care of himself, but he couldn't bring himself to find an actual job and start taking control of his whole life. To calm himself down, he ran his hands through Moon's soft fur, hurriedly spitting a plethora of profanities whilst in the middle of feeding him, and ran.

Jimin slipped on his sweatshirt and sweatpants, scarf, socks, and bolted to the door. He combed a few more hands through his hair at the door, slipping on his newer pair of boots.

It couldn't hurt to look nice, right?

The door took a while to shut because he was fumbling with his keys. His feet hurt for some reason, so he settled for speed walking, occasionally checking his phone for reasons unknown. Sadly, he was late and knew he couldn't make it in time.

And then he turned up in the park, regretting not leaving earlier because he could feel his feet start to ache. Plus the dull sunshine lighting the snow on the pathway was gorgeous, but he couldn't be bothered to stop and admire the view. It was almost as though the world was taunting him.

You're going to be late, Jimin. Hurry up. 

He had to keep going on, pretending like he wasn't about to flop over because his feet were throbbing now, boots not doing any better to ease the pain. To make things worse, he tripped over a rock in the middle of the pathway. It could've been anywhere else, but he landed with his knees covered in snow.

Nice going, nice going.

Once he made it to their meeting spot, he sighed at the sight of Yoongi at the corner, picking his nail. For a split second, he debated checking the time to make sure he hadn't seen it wrong, but something wouldn't permit him and he walked toward Yoongi, a small smile on his face seeing that the older hadn't decided to leave.

Finally, the older spotted him, waving with his free hand, the other hand holding his phone. He was probably checking the time, considering Jimin was late. Jimin opened his mouth, prepared to apologize, but Yoongi spoke first.

"Looks like we're both early." He smiled, tucking his phone away in the back pocket of his pants. He rubbed his hands together, trying to warm them. Obviously, like Jimin, he had forgotten his gloves at home. But if they were both early, why hadn't he gone back to get them?

"I'm early?" Jimin panted, out of breath. He couldn't believe himself. His cheeks were cherry red, the frost having nipped at them as he walked. "I thought I was late."

"No, silly," Yoongi giggled and directed his attention to his phone, "you're at least ten minutes early. What made you think you were late? Is that why you ran?"

"You ask too many questions," Jimin cried, putting his hands on his knees and trying to breathe in as much air as possible. He needed more exercise; this was a prime example of why that was so.

Now, Jimin was definitely seeing things. He couldn't read his clock properly, he'd forgotten his gloves, and he'd also obviously forgotten his sanity in a ditch somewhere along the way. 

He glanced up at Yoongi, who was staring at him with an unreadable expression across his pale features.

Jimin took time to note the details across the boy's face, the freckle on his nose, the deep brown of his eyes, the way his hair gently fell and framed his face. It was almost like he was looking at him for the first time or would never see him again, staring and trying to memorize each feature.