15: Walks at Ungodly Hours

There was no sense to the situation. Jimin had thought over it multiple times in the span of two seconds, but it still didn't make any sense.

Jimin put on his boots, pulling a jacket over his small frame, and walked out the door.

One may be asking, why is he leaving his house at this ungodly hour? And that question would have to remain unanswered, because he didn't know either. He didn't know why he felt like he needed to clear his head by taking a walk, by getting away from the things that started it.

All he knew was that he felt like punching a wall. That urge was eating his skin again, and he couldn't be in his own apartment. Oh, that's probably why. Before, he didn't know, but figures he'd find out at some point or another. It was his mind.

His blood was boiling beneath his skin, crawling at the chance to latch onto something more interesting than himself or Jeongguk. Not that anything was more fascinating than exploring the deepest depths of his mind, but he wasn't sure he wanted to do that. Otherwise, his mind would end up elsewhere.

Likely somewhere he didn't want it to end up.

It made him shiver.

He tried and tried until he couldn't resist it anymore. It just made sense to follow it. It was like a call, like the force in his dream, but nothing was pushing him. More of a pulling sensation, closer, closer, and closer. He threw the blanket off himself, rising off the couch. He rolled his shoulders back, hearing the familiar crunch and disregarding it. 

So much for trying not to do that. He'd done it unconsciously. How many times had he done things unconsciously that he hadn't realized he'd done? Things that Jeongguk had maybe grown tired of? 

Moon crawled to his side, begging to be lifted off the cold ground. So, Jimin did just that, the fact being that he couldn't resist his cat. He was fatigued and mentally shaken, but wanted to go on. Moon purred and curled into his chest happily, tail curling over Jimin's arm. 

Work is work, and life is life. The show must go on.

Except that Jimin wasn't a part of any shows, and his life was definitely not a show— he rolled his eyes at his own stupidity. He was tired of overthinking things. And maybe just a little bit tired in general; his eyelids weighed down on his eyes and made him want to close them, but that was impossible with how determined he was to stay awake.

He set Moon down near his water bowl, ignoring his protests. On his way out the door, he tossed the cat a treat as he looked at him with a confused expression. The cat pawed at the treat with a small meow, but Jimin had already left.

He locked the door behind him, unwilling to risk a random person walking into his apartment, especially when it was empty. He had too many valuable things that he didn't want to get stolen. 

Beginning at a slow pace, he soon picked it up. Then, he was jogging, but he didn't know why. Somehow, it felt refreshing. The air brushed against his cheeks and he took off his sweatshirt, which he tied around his waist. He was growing unusually hot, and even though he thought he was heading toward the studio, he found himself turning different directions. 

His feet were carrying him on his own, as if they had a different idea of where he was going. But, as content as he was, he didn't realize it until he was in a familiar place. Thinking of it, he didn't really enjoy this place as much as he used to.

Ah, yes, the familiar corner. The man, it all came back. His lighthearted smile was replaced with a dull frown, coming across the same stoplight he'd seen so many times. There it was in all its glory, trees with leaves beginning to brown, café right across the way. 

He figured he'd wait there for a little while. He didn't know why, he just wanted to. He felt obligated to. So, he found a bench on the sidewalk and sat down.

And waited.

The darkness wasn't helping anymore, as it soon came to be dawn. He knew he had classes on this particular morning, but that didn't help anything. Him being the foolish person he was, he stayed. He didn't know what he was hoping for, maybe at least a peek at the man who'd become his nightmare? Why he wanted that was beyond his knowledge. Sometimes, he didn't understand his own brain. It made him sad, and sometimes angry. 

Because understanding himself was something he'd wanted to be able to do for a long while. That time just hadn't come yet.

He sat on the bench for a long time more, swinging his dangling legs. Soon it became colder, and he decided to put his sweatshirt back on. He'd probably get sick if he stayed out any longer, so he began the journey back home. The same route he'd taken many times, disappointed. He breathed in the fresh air, hoping to at least catch a glimpse of the sunrise. If he'd been out this early, he hoped to see something at least a bit interesting.

Lucky for him, he got just that.

About twenty feet into his night walking expedition, he bumped into another human.

"Sorry," the person said, moving along abruptly, and Jimin assumed it was a male. He assumed. And yes, he'd encountered a human.

"It's okay," he sighed, pushing the hair out of his face.

At this time of morning? What for? Then again, he was doing the same, so he had no right to ask.

Wait, it was just then that he realized he recognized the voice. He couldn't see the face; it all made sense. He whipped his head back around, reaching out, only to be greeted with the thin air. Quick on his feet, he made a mad dash for the corner, grabbing the light pole to steady himself. By the time he'd reached the corner, there was no sign of that man anywhere. He looked in all possible directions, frantically scanning the area.

Hooded man, voice, man, hood— fluffy hair? Where?

No. Much to his unwanted demise, he couldn't detect any possible candidates, unless that counted the occasional squirrel climbing the telephone lines.

He sighed in defeat, pressing a palm to his face. It would be morning soon, and he would be faced with reality. A harsh awakening, but he triggered it himself.

He would just have to find the man on his own, he guessed. 

The only question was how?

★★★

a/n: 600+ reads? i think i'm going crazy.

maybe i'll make an extra chapter if i'm feeling spicy... i'M sOrRy fOR noT poStInG lIkE i saId. agaIN. i truly am, though.

hope you enjoyed some of the 'action' in this chapter (even though there was virtually nothing)! it'll be that way for a while. just stick with me, it will get better. at least, i think so.

i purple you all 💜