31: Not Yet

Jimin awoke with a start, fists clenched on either side of him. His arm still hurt from being twisted, his nose was still itchy, and his life was still being a pain in the ass. He ruffled his hair, peering through the dark to read the time, to no avail.

It was frustrating to know that there was only one thing he could do, and that thing was to deal with it. There was that feeling of tugging between his head and heart. The obvious reason was standing right in front of him, but he didn't want to accept the right choice. 

He just wasn't ready.

This was just a faze; they would be fine, and they would be back to normal. He just had to wait a little longer for that feeling of need again. The feeling of wanting Jeongguk around him every day, to cuddle him, to inhale his scent in the mornings, to shower him with love, to kiss him every time they get close, or to cook his favorite meals after a long day. 

His brain returned to that same thought multiple times, convincing him in the end that it was all true. He just needed to catch up, that was all.

Carefully, he swung his legs over the edge of the bed, trying not to disturb Moon who was lying at the edge, but the poor cat was probably already awake from the loud rustling of sheets. 

"Sorry, Moon. I'm just going to get water," he muttered groggily, rubbing his eyes. "You can come."

The cat meowed, hopping off the bed. 

"Yeah, yeah, now come on," Jimin waved his arm, turning around. "I'm not going to wait for you."

He wanted to revive his sore throat, hoping a glass of water would help to calm him down. It was fucking ass-crack in the morning, yet his head refused to back down and let him sleep, trying to get an answer. One that would realistically take much longer if it were going to be a reasonable answer.

Jimin heard Moon follow him out of his room, paws padding down the bare floor of the hallway. The surface was cold beneath his trembling feet, sending shivers throughout his whole being, causing goosebumps to form on his arms. He reached up to rub them, trying to warm the areas where there was no fabric to cover. It just made him hot again, and he was back to square one.

A headache accompanied his swirling thoughts just as he'd started to sort them out, categorizing what was most important in his head. Those thoughts probably wouldn't get corrected for a long time. A long, long time.

After what felt like another eternity, he dragged himself into the kitchen and poured a glass of water, sliding over on the counter and using his elbows to prevent himself from falling. 

Unfortunately, the medicine was in a cupboard overhead, so he had to take his time attempting to reach up and get it down. His hands were shaking so much that he nearly fell and dropped it, barely able to reach the top shelf as he stood on the tips of his toes. He let himself back down gently onto the counter with the medicine in hand, pressing the back of a hand over his head to catch beads of sweat dripping down.

Curse you, Jeongguk, Jimin thought, just because you're tall and I'm not doesn't mean you get to put everything where I can't reach it! They would have a talk about that when he came back, which would be eventually. He still had all of his belongings, even if he decided he didn't want to be there for a while longer.

Jimin popped open the lid of the bottle and poured it to take a large gulp of water, moving so slowly that he failed to notice the glass tipping over the edge. From the time that he finally realized what was happening, it was falling, and before he had a chance to grab it, it shattered, the loud noise making him wince. 

He froze for a few seconds before he leaned over, trying to grab the big pieces with his bare hands, aware of the jagged pieces that could cut him.