33: Holiday Exams

A few sluggish weeks had passed since Jimin's near-death incident, and he was feeling a lot better than he had been at the time. It was the holiday season, so the atmosphere was a lot brighter, and although the snow was falling more frequently, he found time to enjoy stopping on the sidewalk. The time was spent looking at cute snowmen built by younger students living around the area.

He didn't have the will to decorate his apartment, not being one to spend money on such things in the first place, so he settled on purchasing a special mug of cocoa just a few days prior to congratulate himself on making it through his suffering. 

Not to mention that exams were coming up, and he was definitely not prepared for the terror those would inflict on his poor soul.

Nonetheless, even when he should've been studying, he was treating himself to some coffee before the day wound up his nerves and classes kicked him in the ass for good measure. He wouldn't even bother to get started with his professor, since she was obviously in a bad mood, just like always.

Around him, at least.

Since his first visit with Yeonjun and Soobin, the dreams had dwindled down to nearly nothing, just the occasional interruption of peaceful sleep, something which he deemed a miracle, considering how much they affected his performance in tests and assignments.

He had been meeting on occasion with the two younger boys by himself at night, when he would watch them and give critique. They had been improving, though he wouldn't be able to see them for a long time since they had some other activities going on that required actual sleep, which he assumed were their own exams.

His boots were holding up fine, and so was his attitude. 

So much that when a particular boy came barreling his way with a bright, friendly smile, he didn't mind it one bit. 

So much that he even reached his hand up to wave hello, surprised that the sudden change in weather and the slightest bit of positivity could change his personality to the point that he didn't even recognize it as himself.

If Jimin were being completely honest, he enjoyed the light-hearted feeling as opposed to the dimmer one he normally wore on the streets outside of his dorm.

Yoongi was approaching him with a smile wider than his homework pile, looking pristinely dressed, as always. Of course, it was that same jacket, underneath was a flannel, and the scarf that barely covered his mouth. He'd managed to remember his gloves this time, just like Jimin.

But he was fairly sure his fingertips were still freezing off, so he wasn't sure what difference it made.

"Hey," Yoongi grinned, gums on full display, his face already brighter since he walked around that corner. His hair whipped along in the direction of the wind each time it blew by, light-toned sunrays highlighting it in the prettiest way. "What's up?"

Jimin returned a smile of his own, one that was brighter in contrast to his normal frown cast upon everyone and everything. "I'm just going to get coffee."

"You seem to like coffee a lot," Yoongi responded with a laugh. "As do I, so I probably shouldn't be saying anything."

The contrast between his tone and his expression was alluring to Jimin, while he often found himself comparing the boy's visuals to his voice and the way he made inflections. Sometimes, he was not sure whether to think he was intelligent or dumb for speaking in such ways, but there was no lack of thought combined with the words that left his mouth, that was for certain.

"Ah, yeah," Jimin nodded, staring down at his shoes for a moment, suddenly finding interest in the delicately sewn soles. "It's strange how I see you so often now..."