46: Closure

By the time spring rolled around, Jimin had decided that it was better than freezing half to death all the time. The leaves were finally starting to grow on the trees and everything looked more alive, especially the streets of the downtown area, where he frequently passed to find more people than he thought he'd ever seen inhabiting the area. It was almost as if he'd crawled out from under a rock and suddenly been thrown years into the future.

The blossoms that would come from the leaves made the weather worth it, even if it had to be humid and rainy sometimes. It was worth the flowers and fruit that would come afterward.

The weather was starting to feel warm and a little less, well, freezing, and Jimin had been thankful that he didn't have to wear anything other than a long-sleeved shirt or sweatshirt wherever he went. He loved the furry-hooded jacket that Yoongi had given him, but he'd grown tired of walking through snow and having to bundle up so much.

However, even if it was beginning to feel like relatively nice temperatures were returning, he was still panicking. Nothing about spring could help him calm down his feelings that were constantly flipping his stomach inside out. Most of the time, his panicking consisted of shaky breaths and sweaty palms when he thought about his plan flopping. But he still had to think at least a little about it, he couldn't push it aside. 

The worry that came with thinking that he might be missing something at literally any point of the day made him feel so nervous.

Ever since he'd known that he wanted to find a way to confess to Yoongi, he'd been trying to summon up the courage to sit down and talk to him about it. He was frantically searching for ways to rid the uneasiness he felt whenever he was around Yoongi even if just for a few minutes as they passed—which seemed to be a lot more than normal now—but because he didn't feel like talking to anyone else, he had no other outlet except Taehyung, who didn't seem to have time to talk to him.

Taehyung was busy helping and taking care of Jeongguk, who was feeling even better than Jimin could've hoped, which made him glad that his friend was being taken care of. He was still attending his classes since he was never one to miss his lectures or things for university, but he'd been doing things for himself outside of class. Laundry and dishes and basic tasks were what Jimin had been told he was doing, but even if it seemed so minimal, he was still thankful that the boy had managed to get himself up as opposed to lying in bed.

After a few days of hearing another update from Taehyung, he'd received a message from the boy they'd been exchanging a mere few words about. It was a simple message inquiring about his health, which he had answered too quickly, but he'd been happy all the same.

He was happy that Jeongguk still felt okay to talk to him, even if it meant that they were going to be a little awkward. So he had responded and they'd talked for a little while, even the tension within their texting making him smile so wide that his jaw hurt.

He could handle being a little awkward if it meant that he could still be around his two friends and be happy with them. Especially if he still had them, which made him more glad than ever. They were some of the most important people in the world to him, and he had hoped for nothing less than to be able to talk to them again, even if it was only once in a while.

But when Jeongguk had sent him a message again, asking if they could talk, he hadn't been prepared. He was going to ask what he meant by it, but the boy had quickly asked if he could call him, so he accepted. He should've been fine to call him or even talk to him, as he knew. He knew that he could always talk to Yoongi without worrying too much before, but there was an unspoken nervousness coursing through his veins when he answered the call and held it up to his ear. He waited in the brief silence that came after he'd answered.