37: Stress

Jimin hadn't been thinking when he walked the way other than where he should've gone, but he felt the tears dripping down his cheeks and knew he couldn't go home. That would simply make it worse for him to cope with.

When he finally realized where he was going, he thanked himself for remembering to bring his keys with him. Otherwise he wouldn't be able to get in there.

Sure, he knew it was probably a horrible idea to be walking into the studios so early in the day, and sure, he knew he'd be alone and prone to overworking himself, but it didn't matter to him at all. It was not a concern of his that he'd be overworking himself, the only concern of his was that he had nearly kissed Yoongi.

And wanted to.

He had wanted to kiss Yoongi. It wasn't against his option, it had been his complete choice; he could've said no to that urge that he felt for some pressing reason. It wasn't a dare, it wasn't a joke, it wasn't anything of that sort. The fact that he'd nearly done that and cheated on Jeongguk made him feel completely awful.

If Namjoon hadn't walked in, he would've done it. That was what was bothering him so much, and he couldn't believe he had almost let himself do it. He had almost let himself kiss the boy that he had met from his dream that was when he already had a boyfriend, which was almost too confusing to think about. But there it was, in his head, printed in bold letters.

He felt like he was suffocating, like it was written all over him and he couldn't get away from it. Nonetheless, it was still something he'd almost done, and he'd have to face the facts when the time came.

Once he got to the front door, he quickly jiggled the key in the lockhole, then slipped inside when he realized none of the lights were on. Thankfully, they must have decided to take the break off for themselves instead of practicing.

Unlike him.

After walking further inside the place, however, he began to catch the familiar tones of music floating through from a certain room, one that had the lights on and people inside. Then he spotted a head of blue hair beside one of brown hair and smiled a little, inviting himself inside.

They didn't notice him at first, still talking amongst themselves about another project or another thing for school, until he walked further into the room, shutting the door behind him. He held his arms behind his back with a little smile growing on his face, staring at the floor.

"Jimin!"

Yeonjun was the first to notice him, the blue-haired boy's face lighting up from its normal dimmed glow, Soobin's face doing the exact same thing after a few seconds. They both turned around to see him standing there, smiling and waving in their usual cute way as the music played on from the speaker in the corner.

"What're you doing here so early?" Jimin asked, trying not to let his voice shake, completely aware that they were dancers and that this sort of practice was bound to happen. "I thought no one else would be here."

Soobin thought for a moment before opening his mouth to answer the question, Yeonjun going back to doing his thing as he watched himself in the mirror.

"We're only here because we don't want to fail the upcoming project," he said. "Although I could ask the same question, you're normally only here during nighttime, so this seems a little unusual."

Jimin couldn't answer his question truthfully, or else he would be telling them the whole story about Yoongi, which went back even before he'd met them. He didn't want to waste their time talking about Yoongi or accidentally let something slip that he didn't mean to. So that was the obvious choice.