10: Descriptions

Earlier than he would've liked, Jimin found himself waking up. There was no sunshine through the curtains, there was no warmth in the room, and he caught himself wondering why for the few moments that he laid there, stretching. 

So, without hesitation, he slipped on some fuzzy socks, taking a yawn before standing up and shuffling over to the window, one hand placed over his eye. He was sluggish in his movements, so getting there took longer than he had liked, but he made it eventually. 

But as soon as he did get there, he frowned, letting his hand down to his side from where it had rested on his eye. 

The dark sky cast shadows onto the buildings below, rolling cumulonimbus clouds, causing a dark tone that sucked all of the previous lightness out of him after he'd slept. He ran a hand through his hair, looking down at the street below and finding no one outside. It would presumably rain. The whole look of the street up and down was gloomy, and to be honest, he hated it. 

After checking the forecast, he figured there hadn't been any signs of rain, so his plans, thankfully, weren't ruined. People obviously either didn't enjoy the weather or didn't feel like going out for fear that the cast was wrong, but he was going to go out anyway. He needed some fresh air.

It had been only a few days since Jeongguk left, but he was still surprised that he wasn't falling apart. Yet.

He went to the bathroom to take a shower and brush his teeth. Then, he looked at himself in the mirror and stuck his tongue out, turning his face right and left. Smiling to himself, he blow dried his hair, taking time to make sure that each piece was in its place.

From the coat rack, he took and put on Jeongguk's coat, a fluffy black one with a fur lined hood, sweatpants, and the pair of boots sitting closest to the door. This was his oldest pair, complete with a rip in the sole. There was also a new pair, but those weren't as comfortable and he didn't want to get them dirty. 

So that was that.

Moon stood by his side, rubbing his ears against his leg. Jimin smiled, reaching down to pet him. From there, he carried the cat to his water bowl and gave him food. 

For a few minutes, he sat, watching the cat do his thing. It was sad to be alone as a human, but he at least had his cat. He didn't know why, but he loved cats a lot more than any animal, especially Moon. Okay, maybe it was because he owned Moon, but Moon was his passage to feeling decent.

Jimin rubbed his eyes, shoving a hand through his hair to try and style it better. Then, he walked back down the hallway and to the front of the dorm. When he opened the door, a brisk wind hit his face, creating goosebumps on his skin. Trying not to get distracted by anything, he set off, remembering to encourage himself to keep going with the thought of just adding one more foot in front of the other.

The whole way, he thought about what had happened. He caught himself wondering how he'd changed. By he, he meant himself. What about him had made Jeongguk want to go so suddenly? Fine, that was too easy of a question to ask him because he already knew the answer. 

But more importantly, why with Taehyung of all people? Jimin knew he had heaps of other friends who would jump at the chance to take care of him. After all, he was popular among the students already; he grew up in the city.

Jimin couldn't rid his mind of the question that was begging to be answered: What was Jeongguk trying to make him see? By the time his brain had nearly worn out, he had arrived.

This early in the morning, there would surely be less students swarming the joint. Fortunately, he caught her at just the right time. There was no one in the whole place except the other worker. Good.