29: Truth Telling and Tea Spilling

Jimin took a big breath in, then let it out. He placed a hand on his face before rubbing it again. Coming off as strange to the only person paying attention to him had to be his one downfall at the moment, unless he considered how many other foundations in his life had cracked. Then he would realize that his life was a mess and he'd finally gone insane.

Telling Yoongi wasn't an option, so it was better to rebuild some foundation instead of letting it crumble in the end. Right?

Jimin just hoped he was doing the right thing.

"I hope this doesn't creep you out," he sighed. "I don't want to come off as a stalker."

Yoongi merely sat there, silently urging him to move ahead in his 'tea spilling'. Jimin knew this wasn't tea, it was just a creepy coincidence that happened to him over the course of his misery. He didn't know if he would rather have had it happen or not.

Because it led him to Yoongi, he doesn't know.

The older boy was being more of a friend to him than any of his actual ones were. He was there for Jimin most of the time, and listened to his problems or what was going on in his head. Of course, they were all assuming that he had a thing for Yoongi and not for the young boy he was currently dating, which didn't help his situation any more. It just caused his insides to shrivel up while simultaneously making him want to punch the nearest object or slam his head into a brick.

Luckily, he didn't have a brick in his hands or he might've done that at this very moment. With the big eyed boy sitting in front of him, hair tousled and messy, jacket sitting low on his shoulders, close to falling off with the way it was zipped, it was even harder. His scarf partially covered his rosey cheeks and also his lips, which were wide open and glossy from running his tongue over them a few times and—

That's enough.

"But it has to do with you," Jimin sighed, once again having the urge to grab a brick.

"Well, I mean, okay?" Yoongi shrugged, settling himself on the seat cushion by propping his elbows on the table. "You can just tell me."

Jimin gulped, looking down at the table. His fingers were shaking, throat closing even when there was plenty of air to be had. Unfortunately for him, Yoongi wasn't taking this seriously. He raised his eyes to Yoongi's, who was looking over him with his deep brown irises, pools that Jimin could find himself getting lost in. They were searching for the answers that he sadly had to be the one to give.

Would it be better to just tell him later so he had time to think? Was that the courteous thing to do?

It didn't concern being the right thing to do anymore. It wasn't Jimin's choice to decide whether he got to know or not, because the deciding factor was the point that Yoongi deserved to know what was going on, not be left in the dark. It was the point of letting him know. Jimin knew that if any of his friends were to ever do such a thing, he would be angry at them for a while.

Or that might've been just him, but he knew that Yoongi deserved to know what was going on inside of his head. For the sake of their friendship and also to not tell lies. He was trying to get better at that.

So with another deep breath and a heaving sigh, Jimin opened his mouth to speak. "I'm going to tell you this because I feel like you deserve to know the truth."

"Know what? What's this about?"

Yoongi had a look on his face that scared Jimin; it was unreadable, the type that he saw whenever someone was about to laugh and run away. So when Yoongi didn't run away, he internally pumped a fist in the air.