32: Accidents Happen

Jeongguk hiccuped while taking yet another sip as he pressed the bottle to his lips, hastily passing the alcohol on to Taehyung, who took a sip as well. A lazy smile was spread daintily across his features, teeth poking out as he hummed a quiet tune to himself. 

They were seated in the middle of Taehyung's living room late at night, passing a drink back and forth. They'd nearly finished the bottle, both feeling a little more than tipsy. 

Okay, maybe they were drunk, but that didn't really matter, did it? At least, the Jeongguk in his drunken state didn't think so. 

The younger boy held himself up with no sense of grace, limbs dangling over the sides of the cushion as he attempted to hold himself in an upright position. The older boy, on the other hand, was doing a much better job at keeping the alcohol to a controlled minimum. For a while, he was sitting straight and keeping himself under control, for the most part.

"Ahah," Jeongguk drunkenly pointed at Taehyung, laughing his ass off. As though he had no control over what he was doing, he flopped onto his side. "Do I have cooties now?"

Taehyung claimed the last drops of liquid and chucked the bottle into the trash, making sure to knock items off of the table in the process. He pulled his leg up underneath him on the couch. Out of fidgety nature, he began bouncing his leg on the cushion. His face lit up. 

Jeongguk's eyes lit up as well, bringing his legs up and kneeling. "Let me try!"

"No," Taehyung slurred, voice hovering barely above a whisper. "You'll hurt yourself."

Rules are dumb, Jeongguk thought, and then proceeded to injure himself. 

Thank goodness Taehyung had moved the coffee table before, or Jeongguk would've fallen onto it instead of onto the ground, which was carpeted, but still hurt. He was rolling around on the floor, hands above his head, a fit of giggles threatening to escape his mouth.

Soon, Taehyung joined him, but their heads collided, and they began both feeling the pain of limbs getting squished in between them. Jeongguk huffed out a loud groan as Taehyung paused in the middle to hold Jeongguk still against himself, staring silently as the boy squirmed in his grip. 

He was still trying to roll around despite his head pounding and brain probably being fried within his skull. He didn't care enough about it, though.

"Ow, Tae, you're hurting me!" Jeongguk cried loudly as he broke free of Taehyung's arms. He rose up slowly, waddling to snatch his comforter off of the furniture and covering himself with it as he inhaled the scent and buried his nose in the soft object, finding comforting warmth in the fabric.

"You okay?" Taehyung drawled, hopping off the couch and crawling onto the floor where Jeongguk was wrapped up, lying on his side. "You don't look too swell." He tapped the boy's shoulder a few times, persistently poking at his shoulder. 

Jeongguk grew annoyed and didn't fail to slap it away.

"Your couch is a butthead," he huffed, closing his eyes with a deep breath in through his nose. He felt fuzzy and warm, not quite realizing what was going on around him. His arms were tucked up under his legs, causing him to appear smaller. 

"'Butthead'? What are you, five?" 

"You're mean." He stuck his tongue out and blew a raspberry, spit flying all over the place. 

Jeongguk felt tiny and more vulnerable since he had so much to drink, guessing it was just a side effect of his own. Little did he know, Taehyung felt exactly the same. But that feeling gradually washed away as they grew more comfortable in the presence of each other, all forms of reality and rational thinking melting into the empty air.