Status Quo

"You were right George she was lying when she came up to you that day in the coffee shop.  It's a shame she won't say who the blackmailer is but I understand her need to deal with it herself".

"Meghan are you sure about this?"

"As a women I understand where she's coming from we can't take that away from her. I can't believe she apologised to both of us".

"And she wants to be our friend the truth is we have to be friendly with them. I'm working with Marco's father and her father-in-law now".

"Do you believe her that she didn't know who you were when she met you?"

"I don't know I did spent months away from the spotlight in Italy".

Meghan's mother and father walk up to them, "There you both are your grandmother is looking for you George. She wants a photograph taken of everyone together follow me the photographer is waiting".

Meghan and George follow Susan to where their families were and they pose for several photographs together then dinner was announced. Everyone takes their seats and Meghan takes a sip of her water.

She looks around at her fellow dinners to see apart from Sofia she and George were sitting next to total strangers. She says hello to everyone at the table and smiles at George. When the night was over she had about thirty dinner or party invitations.

Meghan and George say goodnight to Sergio and his wife Rachel. They see him with his daughter Mia a petite olive skinned woman and Marco and Sarah.

As they were leaving George takes a hold of Sofia's arm and guides her to one of the cars.

"I had such a good time tonight thank you for buying me the necklace and the painting. I've always wanted to own it now I have a self made billionaire grandson to buy it for me".

"You're welcome nonna".

The rest of the car ride was pleasant Sofia was in her element talking about everything she did that night. Meghan and George didn't mind she was alive and that was enough for them. If she chose to talk about sedentary rocks they would happily listen because it meant she was alive.

That night after changing into their pyjamas Meghan and George sit up in bed with a mug of hot chocolate and a brownie each.

"Wanda knows about the Emma situation".

"When you say knows Meghan what do you mean?"

"Emma told her everything for some reason that she did to us and gave her the letters to give to the lawyers".

"Oh crap our personal life is going to be out in the open".

"Wanda promised me she wouldn't tell anyone else George and call me crazy but I believe her".

"I need to have a talk with her".

"I'm going to invite her for afternoon tea when your family leaves since we didn't get to finish our conversation".

"Okay I won't talk to her until you've spoken to her".

The next day everyone get up and get ready for church. At the breakfast table they were discussing what to do after attending church.

"A picnic in Central Park would be nice", suggest Sofia. So that's what they did.

On George's family last full day in New York. All the ladies were at the hairdressers getting ready for the party to celebrate Meghan and George's marriage. The cream of society would be there including Sergio and his family.

Meghan has her hair and makeup done along with a mani and pedi after having a full body wax.

When everyone arrives home it was to see the catering staff busy getting everything ready for the party. Meghan walks into the dining room to see three long table being set up. Only 35 people was coming to the dinner but over 100 would attend the dance afterwards.

"Can we separate the tables a bit more please people need to be able to sit comfortably without worrying about the waiting staff walking by them".

"Of course Mrs Ricci", answers Edward.

Later George and Meghan descends the stairs to cheers from their family and friends.

Alice hugs Meghan, "You look so beautiful Meghan".

"Thank you Alice".

Meghan was wearing a black feather shoulder couture maxi dress with a split on one side she looked amazing and she knew it. Her mother and mother-in-law persuaded her to invite vogue and all the other magazines which were at her disastrous first wedding.

Meghan holds her head high like the debutante she was and takes a hold of George's arm. They walk outside to where the photographers were waiting to capture the moments she and George make their entrances. She felt a chill and shriver slightly George's takes off his tuxedo jacket and gives it to her.

"It's okay darling I want them to see the dress first".

"Okay but after the first photo you put the jacket on I don't want you getting a cold".

They pose for photographs together then with various members of their family. Alice poses for a photo with Meghan. "This is so much fun", she said as they enter the house. "I'm definitely thinking of going to university in New York now".

"You like the social scene".

"Yes Italy is so quiet and regal if I lived here I could go to a private college and meet up with you guys every now and then".

"We would love that but you have to discuss your choice of school with your parents".

Alice hugs her, "You didn't say no to me staying here thank you".

"Go mingle with the guest there is a few people your age here already".

Meghan sees the Moretti's arriving, "Excuse me Alice the Moretti's are here I need to greet them".

George sees Meghan and takes her hand, "Politeness is the key".

Since Sergio was now his most important client it would've looked very bad to not invite him to the dinner and just the party. They walk up to the family, "Sergio, Marco it's good to see you. I take it you had no problem finding this place".

"None at all my boy," says Sergio.

"Rachel, Mia and Sarah welcome to my home", Meghan was glad she didn't need to steak her claim to George in front of Sarah.

"Thank you I would love to get a tour of it, you've a ballroom don't you?" Ask Rachel.

"Yes we do Rachel why don't you ladies follow me and I'll make sure you get a drink and I'll give you the tour of the house".

"Darling I'll see you later", Rachel kiss Sergio and Marco gives Sarah a peck on the cheek.