Confusion

This book is copyrighted by me don't steal it. It takes hours to write these chapters. This story will be edited when finish writing.

"I don't understand what do you mean you're already married?" Meghan looks at her fiancé George Ricci while wondering if he's on drugs.

"I'm sorry Meghan I've been married for a month now to Emma".

Meghan look around the room at her wedding guests, the priest and her parents. The were all opened mouthed.

"You've been married to my best friend and my maid of honour for a month?"   Meghan ask disbelievingly.

George her fiancé nods,   "I can explain it's not what it looks like".

"Oh you mean you didn't betray me with my best friend or is currently humiliating me at the alter in front of magazine editors, our friends and family and the priest".

Eight months later

"I don't have a surrogate",  Meghan was on the phone to the hospital .  They  were desperate for her to come and get her son.   "I don't know what game you're playing but I'm not playing it", she says to the person on the phone.

There is dead air then she hears, "Hello Ms Adam this is officer Monroe we urgently need you to come down to Memorial General".

Something in his tone makes Meghan realise this wasn't a joke. She grab her bag and tells her driver she was going out. He then drives her to the hospital.  When Meghan arrives at the floor she was told to go to she sees Emma lying in a hospital bed.

The doctor notices her, "She doesn't have long left sadly. She held on I think to say goodbye to you".

Emma looks ghostly white in her hospital gown as she notices Meghan, "Meg you came".   Those where the last words that she spoke.

Meghan was ushered out the room, "Before we can give the baby to you I need to do a blood test".

She follows the nurse to another room in a daze and have her blood taken. "The results shouldn't take long".

Meghan had not seen Emma in eight months or spoken to George in that same amount of time. She didn't know what happened with their relationship. Why was he not in the hospital by his wife's side as she laid dying.

Meghan was Emma's only family because she grow up in the foster care system. They met by accident one day in a diner they literally bumped into each other. Meghan remembers watching Emma sitting down in a boot and only having water to drink.

She quickly realised she didn't have any money so Meghan invited her over and told her to order whatever she wanted from the menu and it was her treat. They talked and Emma told Meghan about her life with her foster parents who weren't treating her well. Meghan kept going back to the diner for the three weeks she was in Maine.

Emma turned eighteen while Meghan was in Maine and after talking to her parents Meghan asked Emma to come with them to New York . There were conditions of course Emma had to go to counselling, not steal from Meghan or her family. Don't do drugs and she was to be drug tested regularly. She had to signed a contract agreeing with the stipulations.

Meghan family were incredibly wealthy and they had to protect themselves.

Meghan's brought out her thoughts by George's voice , "Meghan how are you?"

"Shouldn't you be worried about your dead wife and not about your ex-fiancée", she says coldly.

"She's not my wife she hasn't been for a while", Meghan was shocked to hear that.