Italy

As George stares at Meghan he couldn't help feeling angry. His wife has just come out the shower and he should've been in there with her. They should've been coming out the bathroom together and heading for the bed to make love.  His feelings for Meghan never went away. He knew embarrassing her at the alter was wrong and he also knew he should have called off the wedding sooner.  Meghan doesn't look at him with hate just resignation that this was her life and he was a part of it.

He walks out the room determined to fix his relationship with Meghan so they could become a loving family.

Meghan dries herself off and changes into a yellow sundress then she slips her feet into a pair of black sandals. She decides to leave her damp hair to dry naturally. She checks on Arthur to see he was still asleep and was changed out of his travelling outfit into a clean onesie.

Meghan takes the elevator to the ground floor and walks outside to see George and his parents sitting under a shaded table.

They see her, "Come sit would you like some lemonade my dear?"

"Yes please Antonio".

Meghan takes a seat and the glass offered to her. "I know that you're keen for the family to see Arthur but can we put a pause on people coming to see him for a day or two. He's still only weeks old and I'm sure you want grandparents time with him".

"Mum and dad were thinking of having a party to celebrate us getting married and the birth of Arthur. We can have it on Thursday or Wednesday which ever day you want".

"As we're not leaving till Sunday afternoon George how about having the party on Friday. It gives us time to rest on the Saturday".

Meghan sees Maria and Antonio's disappointed faces at her statement, "Other family members can come starting Wednesday".

Meghan watched as they both smile at her and the relief evident in their faces at her words.

"I've a surprise for you cara, the chef at the little restaurant in town you like is coming to cook for us tonight. I know how you love the food at Lorenzo's".

"Thank you George that's a wonderful surprise indeed."

They hear noise coming from the baby monitor Antonio get up, "Is it okay if I come with you?  I have yet to hold my grandchild".

Meghan felt really bad, "Why don't you and George go see to him".

Meghan watch the men leave and takes a sip of her drink before helping herself to some of the fresh fruit that was laid out on the table. Maria doesn't say anything as she eats.

"Thank you again for coming".

"Please stop thanking me I know it's awkward for you. The mother of your grandchild is the person your son publicly humiliated months ago. Until the baby bombshell happened George and I hadn't spoken since that fateful day.
We're tied together now by marriage and blood and we have to make it work somehow. I always liked you and your husband and to be honest all of George's family. But you took your son's side and you have to live with that. I can't even get mad at you for that he's your child after all."

"We didn't take his side we just didn't want to embarrass you further by getting in touch with you. George tells me he told you my mother was sick. Our priority became her and only her and when she almost died we were beside ourselves with worry. She's a fighter and the cancer didn't get her. She told me she had to fight because she hoped that you and George might work things out.  She wanted to see your children before she died. We all know George has never stopped loving you. I can't make excuses for what he did. He was wrong to not tell you the truth of his first marriage and he was doubly wrong for humiliating you the way he did. You two could have worked something out with Emma but he never gave you the choice of knowing everything. Maybe you would've still wanted to be with him".