Changes

That night Meghan switches off the movie she and George was watching and turn to him. "I can't give you another child".

"We can have someone carry a baby for us. You haven't been to the gynaecologist yet darling and you haven't had a battery of test. Until we know for sure what the problem is there's hope."

"I'm defected".

"Don't talk like that Meghan we have Arthur so we know your eggs are okay. Your sister did a selfless thing making sure you had the child you so desperately wanted".

Meghan wipes her eyes, "Yes she did, didn't she. I have Sarah who's pregnant to live vivaciously through. You know I felt her baby kick it was wonderful".

"You can do things with her like going baby shopping and hey why not plan her baby shower if she's okay with it".

"That's a great idea I hope she's okay with it".

"I don't see why she wouldn't be".

"I want to move house this place is tainted all the memories I have of being here with Susan is making me feel hickey".

"Then we will find somewhere else to live and not tell your folks about it".

"Thank you".

As she tells George about her conversation with her mother Meghan becomes overcome with sadness. "My whole life was been a lie, my mother has smiled at me, laughed with me and been my world at times. While KNOWING the truth of my birth, knowing she took me out of a cot devastating another woman. A women she has been to parties and luncheons with knowing full well the devastation she has caused".

"Susan definitely has no conscience at all, none".

"Until Emma came along she was great the best mother I ever had".

"She was desperate for a child so she would treat you well. Your mother values her reputation more than anything else and that would mean treating you well".

"I don't want to talk about her anymore".

"Okay how about we finish watching this movie?"

"I'll love that".

"Hay George".

"Yes darling?"

"I have a sister, a mum and dad and a niece or a nephew".

He beams at her, "Yes you do".  George wraps his arms around so her head rested on his shoulders.

Meghan and George was looking at their fourth house of the day. "What about this one?" Ask George.

"No, why don't we look at some penthouses instead I'll feel safer knowing I live somewhere people can't just walk up to and knock on the front door."

"I was talking to Marco there's a unit available in his building he's willing to put in a good word to the co-op board for us".

"You never said anything".

"I spoke to him this morning I was going to tell you later".

"Tell him we're interested in the apartment".

"I'll let him know, oh he said if we wanted to use his place to lay low we could".

"No let him and Sarah have their space to themselves. She needs a place to feel she can get away from things too".

"Spoken like a true big sister".

The realtor comes back in the room, "So what do you guys think isn't it great?"

"It is but it's not for us".

"Don't worry we'll find you both the perfect house. I saw your mother earlier Meghan she's looking well".

"Did you tell her you were helping us find a new home?"

"Of course not Meghan our company prides itself on privacy. I just assumed since she didn't mention anything about me seeing you later. You guys were going to surprise her".

"Yvette I cannot stress this enough my husband and I don't want you discussing what we're doing here with anyone. If I can't trust you I'll go with someone else".

The woman looks nervous seeing her commission disappearing before her eyes. "Please let me find you your dream home".

"We'll see".

Four weeks later George and Meghan move into their new home. A penthouse in the same building as her sister. At first Meghan was afraid her kidnapper knew where Sarah lived. Fortunately Sarah put her mind at ease, "We need to decorate Arthur's room but for now I'm just happy to be here".

"I have to hand it to Marco this place doesn't play around when it comes to security. Then again this building is on billionaire's row".

"What are we going to do about mum's I mean Susan's dinner invitation?"

"We will reschedule it right now the only thing I want to worry about his if we have enough home made bread".

"Who knew Wanda was such a fan of it".

Just then the door bell rings and the new under butler André answers it. Marco, Sarah, Wanda, Alice and Leonardo walk into the living room.

"Mum, Dad it's so wonderful to see you".

"And you darling", replies Wanda.

Thank you for bringing Alice with you Leonardo".

"I was happy to not sit on a plane by myself".

"Do you remember the rules Alice while you're living here before school starts".

"Yes George, we all need to be very careful around the nutter I mean Susan. I know I'm not suppose to go out without two bodyguards and if I run into Susan when she ask where I'm staying. I'm to reply I'm staying at a hotel or with a friend before university starts".

"I'm glad you understand the seriousness of the situation".

As everyone passes different plates to each other around the dinner table Meghan put some mash potatoes on her plate to join the sirloin and broccoli already on it.

"I'm thinking of going to counselling". Everyone stops what they're doing and look at Meghan.

"If that's what you want to do I'll support you one hundred percent."

I've almost finish writing chapter 39 I've always loved Paris.
Don't forget to vote and comment it makes me know you like the story and I should keep writing it.