The Gala

Meghan sees George across the room, "I'll speak to you later." She walks over to him and hugs him from behind. He turns and kisses her passionately.

"I've missed you."

"I miss you too darling."

"That dress is doing wonders for your figure my darling your boobs are looking extra voluptuous."

"Thank you for looking drool worthy tonight as well", he was wearing a black bespoke tux and his hair was gel back. To Meghan he was the hottest looking man in the room by a mile.

He laughs and goes to kiss her again, "Our seat is near the front."

"I know you missed each other but remember this is a public event."

Hearing Susan's voice Meghan stills, "I'm kissing my husband and I don't see anything wrong with a little PDA. Hi mum I'm glad you choose to wear the green dress you look lovely."

"Thank you sweetie." She kiss Meghan then George on the cheek.

"You're sitting at our table darling you need to help me keep the booze away from your father."

"Daddy isn't a big drinker."

"He's upset about something but won't tell me what."

Meghan and George follow Susan to their table. When everyone was seated the host for the night stands at the front of the room and begins to speak.

"Thank you all for coming tonight a big thank you to the Rossi's for the million dollar donation. Please stand George and Meghan." They stand and are applauded. "Not to be outdone Meghan's parents donated 1.5 million dollars." They too stand and are applauded. We have a donor who gave us 5 million dollars the person wishes to remain anonymous. Thank you whoever you are. Hopefully we will raise even more tonight so we can build that specialist Alzheimer's centre."

Everyone applauds her and the starter is served, "Hi daddy."

"Hello Meghan, George it's nice to see you both in the flesh it's been so long."

"Not that long daddy."

"You really have no problem saying that do you?"

"I don't understand what you're saying."

"It doesn't matter he takes another drink and Susan looks at Meghan as if to say see."

"I'm only having soft drinks for the rest of the night why don't you join me daddy."

"You know I will."

As the night progress Meghan glances over at her real parents. "That man looks familiar where do I know him from?"

Meghan didn't notice Susan coming to stand beside her, "What man?"

"The one talking to Wanda I feel like I know him from somewhere I just can't think where. Do you know who he is?"

"This is the first time I've seen him in New York."

Susan lets out a sigh, "We should dance, where's George?"

"He's talking to a client."

"Men and their businesses ', Susan grabs her hand and leads Meghan on the dance floor.

As they dance Meghan thinks about everything they found in Paris and walks off the dance floor.

Susan walk up to her, "Meghan is everything okay?"

"Yes, I have a headache nothing some painkillers won't sort out."

"I have some in my bag."

"Thanks but I'm going to get some from Anna she has my handbag plus I need to check if everything is okay with Arthur."