Sadness

"Thank you for letting me stay."

"No problem I'm happy you're here and that we get along. I would give anything to replay the last nine months of my life with Emma."

"You're not the only one Meghan I can never say I'm sorry to her".

"I feel the same way."

They both start crying Meghan let go of George and embraces her sister. "I'll be moving back home with dad now that I know Susan is on the loose. I'm safer living at the palace."

"What about Louis's work," ask George.

"He's writer he can write from anywhere.

"I didn't know that Lucy. Has he written anything I would've heard of?"

"He actually writes under a pseudonym you've hurt of Annabelle Louis?"

"No way he's mega famous didn't he sell the rights to the first 3 book series to Sony for the highest amount ever earned by an author?"

"That's him".

"You must be so proud of him. How old is?" Ask Meghan.

"Twenty-seven, actually while we're by ourselves your mum told me you're throwing Sarah a surprise baby shower. I want to help."

"Okay but it's going to be hard throwing it now with people knowing our business".

"Just make it family and very few friends. Where are you thinking of having it?"

"I was thinking here?"

"Not a good idea with everything that is currently going on. A friend of mine has a house I'm sure she doesn't mind me using."

"That will be wonderful security can be kept tight."

"That's why I suggested it."

"Actually I have a space in TriBeCa that would be perfect for the party," suggest George.

"How secure is it?" Ask Lucy.

"Very it's a brownstone that my builders have just updated."

"Great we can go and visit it later."

"Security is a big deal for you isn't it Luc?"

"You'll understand when dad gets here I know you've security guards but royal bodyguards are a different level of security."

"What's it like being royal Lucy?"

"Well Meghan it's lonely, it was I should say. There are engagements to do, charities to speak to and functions to attend. Right now I'm a part-time royal but I think I want to go full-time."

"Is it a sad life?"

"No it isn't I just grow up as an only child."

"I understand let's go find the others."

They walk into the living room to see everyone watching Sesame Street. When Rebecca sees her mother she jumps off the sofa and runs to her. "Be careful darling you'll hurt yourself," Lucy picks her up but she holds her arms out towards Meghan who takes her from her mother.

They sit on the sofa," Mum and dad will be here in ten minutes."

"Okay what's for lunch?"

"Sandwiches and soup it's a special lunch."

"That doesn't sound very special Sarah," says Meghan.

"There's a nice cake to go with it and our parents are bringing some food from your favourite restaurant."

"That's nice of them but they didn't have to do that."

Ten minutes later Wanda and Leonardo walk in the house with 4 very large bags and a chef. George and Meghan watch as the bodyguards places the bags they were carrying on the floor.

"There's a staff living room on the next floor down, the butler will show you where."

Meghan walks towards the shopping bags, "You leave that darling I need a word with your household staff. Timothy here is going to cook us all a wonderful dinner later. It's going to take couple hours and you're barred from entering this kitchen."

Meghan rolls her eyes at her mother's words and leaves the kitchen with George who she doesn't see winks at Wanda.

"Lucy have your nanny take Rebecca to the movie room the conversation we are about to have isn't for young ears."

Lucy does what her farther suggest and hurriedly walk back into the room. "Firstly Emma's body is being exhumed."

There was a collective gasp, "Daddy they believe Lucy suggestion that she may have died from foul play?" Ask Meghan.

"Yes and they're doing everything by the book because of who I'm and who Emma was. Unfortunately Susan was right she can't be charged with murder. If new test on Emma shows foul play she can be."

"That's really good news," says George.

"There's still no sign of Ryan and the french authorities are still combing through Susan's chateau," continues Leonardo's. "They will be digging up the backyard as well."

"Why?" Ask Meghan.

"She could've buried evidence or even a body. She had a french birth certificate it wasn't fake. Who knows if she tried to steal a baby in Paris as well."

"This is getting more gruesome by the minute," says Sarah.

"I know," agrees Wanda. "To think if Emma didn't stop your wedding none of this would've come out."

"On a happier note Meghan my brother and father would like to meet you."

"Sarah can't fly."

"It's a good job they want to meet you then isn't it."

"What about Sarah?"

"I've Skype and FaceTime them loads."

"I didn't know that." Meghan was hurt. As if sensing it George wraps an arm around her so her head rested on his shoulders.

"Like you I've still to meet them in person," says Sarah sensing her sister distress.

"My father will come to New York in couple days so he can meet the both of you properly. I'm sorry if you feel hurt Meghan."

"Why didn't you tell me I was royal daddy?"

"Because that conversation ends with you're my eldest child and will rule after me."

Meghan stares at her father, "Did you just say rule?"

"Yes I did, one of the reason I wanted you and George to be friends was I knew he was a prince. If you fell in love and got married there wouldn't be a problem with you taking the throne."

"You set us up?" Meghan was horrified.

"He is my godson of course I would want the two of you to end up together but if you didn't and you chose someone else. I would have been okay with that too."

"George I'm asking you in front of everyone here did start dating me because I was royalty."

"Meghan we only found out who your real parents were recently so no."

Everyone saw the relief on Meghan's face, "I'm sorry darling you've had a lot dumped on you today. While the police are doing their investigations we need to get on with our lives."

Marco walks into the room, "Lunch is ready."

Everyone heads to the dining table where a selection of crust less sandwiches and two large containers of butternut squash and tomato soup was waiting to be eaten.