Bonus Chapter

"Arthur, Nadia is too small to play with those toys,."  The two year old pout at his mother's words.

Meghan takes her six month old daughter out of her crib. "It's time for lunch Arthur your cousin Carlos will be having lunch with us today."

Meghan watches as he runs to the dining room with the nanny following behind him.

Since moving to Catalina Meghan enjoyed family life so much more. George wasn't leaving everyday to go to the office like he was before.

He did attend engagements with her and since he married a future Queen  he was was made a Prince of Catalina. Which meant he did his own engagements as well. Since the monarchy had a lot of royals to do engagements Meghan had a lot of free time. Time she and George spent with their family. Marco and Sarah was still based in New York City but visited them as often as they could.

"Meghan you look tired are you getting enough rest?"

"I was up most of last night with this little one here mum."

"Let me have her while you eat something."

Meghan loved she was able to have dinner with her parents every night they weren't working.

"Thanks mum."

"Where's George?"   Ask Leonardo.

"I don't know he should have been back from his engagement by now."

"We will just have to start without him."

Half way through the meal George turns up, "Sorry I'm late I had a conference call with New York."

Later than night Meghan was pushing Nadia in her buggy while George carried Arthur as they walked around the palace grounds.

"Is everything okay in New York?"

"Everything is great."

"That's good to know how's Alice?"

"Good,  she says her school work is getting harder."

"It's to be expected but she will cope she's smart. I love it here so much."

"Me too darling don't forget my family is coming to stay next week."

"I haven't forgotten and everything has been prepared for their arrival. George are you happy?"

"Blissfully so, moving our family to another country was the best decision we ever made."

"It really was."

"How are the nightmares?"

"Not as often as they use to be thank god  the counselling has really helped me."  Meghan started having nightmares after the incident with Ryan in the bathroom.

"Let's go back in," suggest George.

The nanny observes the family as they walk inside the house with a smile on her face. She was happy to see her employers so contented and happy.

5 years later.

Meghan was now a crown princess. She  holds on to her father's hand as her grandfather's casket is lowered into the ground.

"I'm glad I got to spent seven years with him."

She wipes away a tear and look at the casket one last time.

"He loved all his grand and great grandkids. Thank you for moving here."

"You don't have to keep thanking me daddy."

"I do sweetheart.   You see my family was given a second chance of happiness because of you."

"To be fair all of this was possible because of Emma's sacrifice."

"I'm glad she got justice finally."

"Me too daddy , me too."

Susan was found guilty of plotting her husband's murder and April being who she was recorded her confessing to poisoning Emma. The poison she used was very clever, it bought on a heart attack but couldn't be detected in a autopsy. Meghan had forgotten her mother was a chemistry major in college.

Meghan laughs bitterly, Now that she didn't have her birth parents to speak to. April had tried many times to befriend Alice and Sarah. They both told her in no uncertain terms she was person non grata to them.  Alice was now running the family's business and Sarah was still running her clinic. Along with the charity for homeless teens Emma's money founded.

Another five years later

"Arthur you have your lessons go and finish your homework please."

"Mum non of my other friends have to do lessons after doing their homework." The twelve year old looks at his mother with a pleading look.

"Your other friends won't be king that's why."

George places a sandwich in front of Arthur, "Your lessons are only an hour."

Arthur put his head down, "I'm sorry dad  I'll go to it after eating.  Can Joe stay over this weekend?"

"If you go to all your lessons without complaining then maybe and I need to see a good grade on your maths test." He answers.

Meghan leans on George and looks at her family, Arthur who was now twelve years old. Nadia who was ten and their surprise baby Leo who was five years old.

She raises her head and kiss George.

"I'm in the room," shouts Arthur in disgust.

"I'm happy," Says  Meghan.

Arthur looks at his parents and smiles he was secretly glad they were still together and still in love. Unlike  so many of his friends parents.