Letter

They arrive at Meghan's townhouse to see reporters everywhere. The limousine that George, Meghan, Arthur and his nanny were in drove into Meghan's garage. The Butler opens the door and greets them.

"Welcome back Mr and Mrs Ricci"

"That you, has my things been moved in?"   Ask George.

"Yes sir", replies the butler.

"This is Grace Green our new nanny please show her to her room".

"Yes madam", Edward turns to Grace. "Please follow me", Grace follows Edward inside the house.

Arthur starts to fuss and Meghan rubs circles on his back until he stops crying and drifts off to sleep, "Welcome home George".

"Thank you, I'm dreading reading the newspapers is not something you want to say on the day you come back from your honeymoon", George rubs his jaw.

"Well we knew everyone would know we were married by the time we got back to New York. It's natural that people are interested in our lives. You did leave me at the alter after all. I'm sure people are dying to find out why I took you back now. They've now seen Arthur and no doubt they will put two and two together and come up with sixteen".

"Come on let's go put Arthur down in his nursery then freshen up that was a long flight and I need a shower".

They walk upstairs to Arthur's nursery which was now decorated in light blue and white colours with animals painted on the walls.  Meghan put him in his cot and turns on the baby monitor. They then go to their room and Meghan lays clothes out on the bed before deciding what to wear. While she does that George takes a shower and when he finishes his shower she goes and have one as well.

"Is there something we can do about the paparazzi?" Ask Meghan.

"Maybe if we pose for some photos they will leave us alone".

"George they shouldn't be here in the first place they were given a statement and how the hell did they know we were coming back today."

"I can only assume they were tipped off please cara let's not worry about that now that we are home. I know I said that I would go into the office tomorrow but I'll stay home and work from here instead".

"George we're not changing our lives for those people go into work".

The next day George goes into the office leaving Meghan with Arthur and his nanny.

Meghan calls her office to let them know she was working from home for couple months. Since she was the boss that wasn't a problem. She walks into the kitchen and make herself a smoothie then put her hair up in a ponytail. She turns on the tv to see the entertainment channels were wondering why she and George were married after he humiliated her so publicly.

"Ah", Meghan throws the remote at the tv.

"I feel like a prisoner in my own home", she says out loud.

She decides to go to the gym to relieve some stress Meghan punches the punching bag and thinks about Emma. She stands still after the realisation she wished the punching bag was her friend's face. No matter what Emma did she didn't deserve to die like she did.

Meghan has a shower and look in on Arthur who was asleep in his nursery. She takes Emma's letters from where she hid them. Seeing the familiar writing makes Meghan cry there was no anger towards Emma in that moment just sadness she was gone.

Meghan had happy memories of Emma sending her notes and leaving post it notes all over their shared apartment.

She takes a deep breath and look for the envelope labelled 1, "Here goes nothing".

She carefully opens the envelope and take the letter out as she unfolds it dried flowers falls on her lap.

Dear Meghan

You and I have just met life is so strange I started the morning cold and hungry. I'm ending it with a full belly and enough money to get a hotel room and some groceries. You didn't look at me like I was nothing it's strange to experience that as a homeless person. My foster parents kicked me out of the house this morning. You know why, I didn't want to get involve with drugs like them.

Bumping into you accidentally was the best thing that happened to me. I've experienced true homelessness several times in my life. So I know how hard the streets can be, so hard you think a foster home is maybe better. Then you get to the foster home and wish for the streets. I'm incredibly grateful to you for the meal you bought for me.

My foster family didn't always have money for food, drugs yes food no. I would go into the diner most days and sit and order water. There is a nice woman there who would give me a meal when the boss wasn't working but she only worked three days a week. You oozed class and looked very expensive when we first met. From  your brown shoulder length hair to the expensive clothes you were wearing. I know your jeans were YSL and your bag was Chanel.

I love fashion and one day I hope to be a model and maybe use my fame to help teen homeless charities get funding. I'm 5'11 after all with blonde hair and blue eyes. It's weird I'm writing this not knowing if I will ever give it to you. If by some miracle I give you this letter and you read it thank you. Just thank you.

After Meghan finish reading the letter she weeps. Emma never told her she was homeless but her parents had Emma followed. The bodyguards saw her at the hotel she was staying in looking dejected. That was why Meghan met her at the diner every day to make sure she had a meal. When she ask her mother if Emma could come to New York with them it was because she saw something in her.

Emma was genius level smart and Meghan wanted to give her a chance in life to study for the maths degree that she so badly wanted to study. Despite living in foster homes and being homeless several times Meghan found out when her mother had Emma investigated. She graduated high school at fourteen at the top of her class and she was offered several college places but didn't take them up as she couldn't afford it.

Meghan refolds Emma's letter and smiles at the crush flowers. Emma knew Meghan loved daisies so she would dehydrate them and put them in letters she sent her. Sometimes Meghan would come home to roses and daisies in every room of their apartment.

Meghan put the letters back in the drawer and smiles as she remembers those early memories she had of Emma. She calls George, "Hello Meghan is everything alright?"

"Yes it is I read one of Emma's letters and I feel so nostalgic now".

"Is that a good thing?" Ask George with a hint of worry in his voice.

"You know it is".

Wrote this in words and the letter part was in italics post it here and no italics when I figure out how to italicise the latter part of this chapter I will.