New friends(Chapter 28)

He smiles at her sheepishly then tells her he loves her. " I love you too George, let's go out for dessert. There's a bakery that I want to order some cakes from for the party the night of Sarah's clinic opening".

"Okay I wasn't aware there was a party on the day".

"Well technically on the day the clinic open it will be a working clinic so no party. That would be very awkward. I know you can't afford healthcare here have some cake. Wanda and Marco are throwing a little do to show how proud they're of Dr Morreti".

The next day George and Meghan receives the report into how their egg and sperm was stolen. Because they wanted to keep the information about the thief quiet it took longer than usual to complete the report into the theft.

"It doesn't say anything new just that our egg and sperm was stolen clearly someone was payed off to give us this joke of a report. Emma isn't alive to pay them off so who did it?"

George looks at the check in his hand Meghan places a hand on his and takes a very big breath before exhaling.

"We moved our surplus egg and sperm to another facility. I'm just as angry as you but if we demand heads roll. There's a good chance the truth will get out and I don't want my son to know he was an accidental birth. I would much rather he thinks when he's older someone was our surrogate and that he was truly wanted".

"He is wanted and loved".

"You know what I mean George, it's weird a part of me wants to tell mum about this but I don't think I can trust her".

"Then don't tell her follow your instincts".

"Thank you for understanding".

"Always".

Meghan and George were being ushered into the Moretti's receiving room.

As they take a seat and wait for their host George look around at the room full of antiques. He couldn't help being impressed he saw a painting by a up and coming artist on the wall opposite them.

"George, Meghan thank you for coming".

Meghan look at Sarah's very pregnant stomach wishing that she too was pregnant. "Thank you for having us".

They follow their host into the living room to see Wanda sipping a glass of champagne.

"Hello Wanda".

"George, Meghan it's wonderful to see you both again".

"And you", replies Meghan.

"Sit, sit", she put her champagne flute down and places the photo album away.

"You don't have to put that away on our account".

"I don't mind Meghan besides I've looked at it many times before. I'm staying with my daughter for a while until my husband or stepdaughter returns to the state".

"It must be wonderful for you to be here?"

"It really is George and Sarah kept a lot of keepsakes and photos. So I get to hear some great stories from her as she tells me about each one".

Sarah and Marco walk into the room and she makes a beeline for Meghan and hugs her, then she hugs George.

"I'm so glad you could come apart from family you're our first guest in our new home".

"Really George and I are honoured you did that for us aren't we darling?"

"Yes we are".

"Sarah you must show me the dress you're wearing to the fashion show on Friday so we can co-ordinate our outfits".

"I would love to Meghan it's a custom made red Dior evening dress".

Sarah shows her the dress and Meghan had to admit it was exquisite. Sarah places a hand on her stomach, "Is Everything okay?"

"Yes it is, the baby is kicking do you want to feel?"

"You don't mind?"

"No".

Meghan places her hand on Sarah's stomach and feels the baby moving, "He or she is very active does it hurt when the baby does that?"

"A bit I don't mind though if it means I get to hold a healthy baby at the end of my pregnancy".

"I can't wait to experience that".

Sarah smiles and hugs her but her smiles fades as her face is hidden from Meghan.

"In the meantime you have Arthur to keep you busy".

Meghan smiles brightly, "Yes I do".

Later in the week Meghan and George was getting ready for their trip to Italy, "Did we pack everything?"

"Yes we did".

"Are you sure your family is okay with taking care of Arthur while we work. It's not too late to ask Grace to come with us".

"Let her have her holiday my parents are dying to spoil their grandson".

"Okay".

Nine hours later they were in Italy, "Don't forget my godfather wants to meet you while we're here".

"I won't, when was the last time you saw him?"

"A long, long time ago at least ten years. He tends to stay in Italy and only travels to America when he absolutely has to".

"So you're not very close then?"

"He's a private man I speak to him every once in a while".

They arrive at George's ancestral home and make a beeline for the front door because of the shade it gave them from the heat. After saying hello to everyone George takes Meghan for a siesta and leaves Arthur with his mother.

"I can't wait to go out to dinner tonight George a candle light meal is going to be so romantic".

He doesn't say anything for a moment just kisses her on the side of the  head and draws her closer to him in bed.

"Yes it will be".

That night George smiles at Meghan as she sips her red wine across the table from him. "Tell me about your godfather".

"There isn't much to tell apart from what I've already told you except to say he's a husband and father".

"Tell me about that person?"

"His daughter Lucy is married with a child of her own. My godfather got remarried eleven years ago. I know Lucy and her husband very well but I've yet to meet Uncle Leonardo's wife".

Currently writing a chapter 33