Susan

"Great the men can bond while we're away."

"I'm sure George will love getting to know Marco and dad better. Sarah keep the Saturday of the nineteen of next month free. Mum and I are taking you somewhere special before the baby comes."

"Will do but you need to tell me the types of clothes I need to pack".

"I'm afraid we can't Marco will do all that for you."

"Meghan have you been to dinner at Susan's yet?"

"I keep putting it off the weird thing is she hasn't called and said I've been to your home many times but no one was in."

"I don't trust that snake it's been weeks since you've moved. She is up to something."

"She will be at the gala on Saturday mum."

"Will she now, I'm sure Leonardo will be happy to throttle her when he sees her."

"Mum!"

"What! Who would blame him if he did."

"How's your dad Meghan you haven't mention him lately?"

"He's been very quiet I mean he calls and FaceTime me but he doesn't mention coming to see me anymore."

"You two are close aren't you?"

"We are, were but ever since the Hamptons. He hasn't ask to see me or wanted to visit me."

"I wonder what changed his mind?"

"I wish I knew mum. I need to go it's movie night and George wants me and him to bathe Arthur and put him to bed."

"You have a good man there sis."

"I know goodnight Sarah, goodnight mum."

As she ends the call Meghan smiles to herself she was happy. She could get pregnant and she had a loving family.

George places a blanket on a sleeping Arthur just as Meghan's phone rings. She hurries out the room.

"Hi Darling."

Meghan heart skips a beat, "Hi mum."

"Are you going to the gala on Saturday?"

"Yes I'm."

"Have you bought your dress yet I was thinking we could go shopping for one if you haven't."

"I'm sorry mum I can't I've made plans with someone else. I tell you what why don't I come over tomorrow and we can go dress shopping for you."

"That's a great idea and bring my grandson with you."

"Grace is getting Arthur into a new routine besides do you want to go to Saks 5th Avenue with a eight month old?"

"You make a good point I'll see him after we go shopping. I'll come home with you and stay for dinner."

"That sounds great mum I'll see you tomorrow."

Meghan hangs up the phone and look at George, "I'm going clothes shopping with Susan tomorrow. And she wants to come here for dinner afterwards."

"Don't worry I'll think of something.  She won't come here tomorrow I'll make sure of that."

"Thank you."

"Let's go watch the movie, you know Meghan if you go to your mother's house after shopping.  It means you can snoop around and try to find something to use against her. Your dad will be at work right?"

"Yes he will, Susan and I will be the only ones there apart from the help."

George mouths, "I'm sorry they're not your parents."

"We are still getting use to calling them by their names."

The next day Meghan walk into Susan's home to see both her "Parents" in the living room. "Hi mum, hi dad. Dad what are you doing here?"

"I live here darling."

"Shouldn't you be at work."

"I own the company which means I can do whatever I want."  He hugs her, "it's been a while since I've seen you in the flesh."

"I'm been busy then I got sick."

"How are you feeling now darling?"

"I'm okay mum."

Meghan wasn't going to tell her mother anything about her gynaecologist appointment or about her pills.

"Right I'm ready to leave whenever you're darling."

Meghan puts her arm in the crook of her mother's arm and walk outside with her.

"What do you think of this one darling?"

The red dress Susan had on fitted her like a second skin. At 5'10 with a lean physique she looked good in anything.

"I like it but that's a lot of cleavage on show."

"I don't mind I'm fifty-five and still got it why shouldn't I flaunt my assets."

"Dad."

"Your father will be going with me knowing a lot of men will want me."

"Mom!"

Susan laughs, "When you're older you will understand sweetheart."

"I think the green one is lovely on you."

"I'll take them both."

After paying Susan turns to Meghan, "I can't go home with you. Your father has arrange a surprise for the both of us."

"Where?" Ask Meghan.

"At home," came the reply.

Later than afternoon Meghan phones George, "Thank you for arranging afternoon tea for me and mom."

"So did you manage to get anything?"

"No everywhere I went mum or dad was there. The bathroom was the only place I got to be alone."

"You'll just have to go back when you know your mother and father isn't home and look around."

"I'm planning to snoop as much as I can".

Later that night George draws Meghan closer to him on the sofa, "Have you taken your tablets?

"Yes I have."

The following day Meghan was staring at her new psychiatrist, "Before we start Dr Burke everything I talk about is confidential right?"

"It is Meghan this first session is mainly housekeeping. We'll be finding out what you want to get out of these sessions."

"Great."

After her first therapy session was over Meghan makes her way back to Manhattan. Her mobile rings while she was in the car, "Hi Meg are you on your way?" Ask Sarah.

"I need to get my suitcase and Alice and meet you at the airport."

"Alice is with us and we have your suitcase."

"Great," putting a hand over the mouthpiece of the phone Meghan tells the driver to take her to the airport instead.

"You can now take off your seatbelt we've landed in Paris. Alice takes a selfie of herself and everyone looks at her.

"I'm just sending it to mum and dad so they know I've arrived safely."

"We have a day and a half in Paris let's make the most of it," says Meghan.

👀