🌸 no study 4 u bitch <3 🌸

Requested by: nightime_wolfie

School!AU! accompanied with the best title ever (idk maybe I'll rename it later)

You yawned and rubbed your eyes for the umpteenth time as you tried to straighten your vision.

"Ee (Y/N)?" Emma leaned forward from her seat beside you, "Are you okay?" You sighed and leaned back, "Yeah, I'm just a little tired."

Emma's eyes widened, "A little??? You've been walking around like a zombie." She folded her hands together, "Just how late do you stay up talking with Ray?"

You felt your cheeks heat up and you snapped your head to look at her, "Y-You're wrong, that's not why," you cleared your throat as Emma tilted her head in confusion. "Finals are this week so... I've been studying more than usual." you say, shifting your gaze to your lap. Your orange-haired friend raised a brow, "What do you mean more than usual?"

You sighed and lifted your hand to rub the back of your head, "Aheh... not enough sleep."

Emma puffed out her cheeks, "Ah c'mon (Y/N). You still have to sleep and take care of yourself!" You felt her hand on your shoulder as you lifted your hands to rub your face, "I have to.. or I'm going to fail-" "No you're not!" Emma's loud voice made you look up from your hands and turn to her. Her green eyes brightened up at you, "Don't be so hard on yourself! You're really really really smart (Y/N)! Besides, you can always ask us for help!... Although.. I may not be as smart as Norman and Ray but I will still try to help you!.." You laughed at her as she pouted. "Thanks, I will."

After School

With your hands full of school books and notes, your back pushed open the door to the school's library. You maneuvered your way through the towering aisles of books, as quiet as you could be, and made your way to one of the study tables. Finding a secluded space for yourself, you let the books fall gracefully onto the table, sighing to yourself.

"I knew I'd find you here."

Your hand flew to your chest, and turned yourself to the source of the voice. And standing there was the emo rat that you knew so well. Hands stuffed in his pockets, he was leaning against the wall. Lifting his arm from his side, he greeted you in a bored voice, "Yo."

You rolled your eyes, "Yo," you mimicked, "What is it, Ray?" The boy gasped, "Are you perhaps.. not happy to see me? I'm hurt." Ray wiped a fake tear from his eye. You huffed, "No, it's not that... it's just I'm a little busy right now so if you don't mind.."

"Uhm, yes. I see," he eyed your pages of notes, "Emma told me about it."

"Oh?"

"Yes. Why... didn't you tell me you were studying this much?" Ray walked over and inspected the cover of one of the books. You sighed, "Well, it's my responsibility. Besides, it's my problem not yours."

Ray snapped his head at you, a small smirk creeping on his face, "Well it is now." He stuffed his hands back into his pockets and turned to face you, "Guess what? You're not studying anymore for today." Your eyes widened into saucers, "What???" You stared in awe as Ray gathered up your things and gently pushed them to you, "Put these away. You're not gonna need them right now." Your eyebrows furrowed, "What? No. What do you think you're-" "(Y/N). Come on, I'll walk you home."

"But-"

"No. <3"

You glared at him and crossed your arms, "Ray... if I don't study, I'm going to fail." His bored expression did not falter, "You've studied more than enough. If you're still insecure about it, I'll quiz you later. Now come on." With your stuff in one arm, he grabbed your wrist with his free hand. Heading outside the library, he dragged you all the way to your locker. Once you've put all the stuff you needed to put away, his hand returned to your wrist. As he, yet again, dragged you outside the school, your mind couldn't help but wander to the tightness of Ray's hold on you. "Ermm, Ray?" He kept on walking without looking back at you, "Hm? What?" Your gaze landed on his hand wrapped around your wrist, "..I can walk by myself just fine." His ears slightly tinted red, "...This is necessary. So you won't try and get away... you're quite stubborn, you know." You lazily nodded, yawning for the 100th time today so you didn't notice his hand slowly slipping down to yours. Your eyes started to droop and you subconsciously squeezed his hand, "Hey.. can we take a break for a while?..." Ray finally turned to look at you and noticed your sleep-deprived state finally showing itself. "Your house is still far up... ok you know what, here."

He guided you to a park that was nearby and let you sit under the shade of a tree. Ray plopped himself down next to you, grabbing a book seemingly from his bag, "Take a nap. I'll wake you before it gets too late," he murmured, flipping to a page.

You yawned and lazily stretched your arms before falling onto Ray's lap, making the poor boy flinch. But upon seeing your peaceful face, he remained as stiff as possible as to not wake you. Shrugging off his school jacket, he covered you with it and returned to his book. "Start relying on me more, idiot.."

Extended ending:

"Ooh? What's this now?"

Ray looked up from his book, meeting the gaze of yet another idiot, Don. The tall boy had a smug look plastered on his face, grinning down on the two. "She's sleeping. Be quiet, will you?" Ray shook his head, turning back to his book.

"Awe of course.. I wouldn't want to wake up your precious girlfriend-"

Don stopped when he had to dodge a flying book thrown at him.