🌸 Scared. 🌸

A/N: No spoilers here!!!! And since there's no spoilers, this has an alternate story from the manga, it's not canon. Also, I quickly apologize for being gone a while. Anyways, enjoy!

.
.
.
.

Recently, a group of children, or rather food, has escaped from Grace Field House. No one knows their whereabouts, but the demons are determined to catch them. What happened to the remaining children at the house? No one knows. What happened to the caretaker? No one knows. At least, these were the questions the escapees had.

You, along with Emma, Gilda, Don and Ray, had been leading the children towards the sunset; your first sunset of freedom. We didn't know where we could go, but knew we couldn't stay nearby any longer. You had constantly been looking back, anxious that the demons would show up at any moment and gobble up your siblings.

"Hey, guys," Emma called out to us, "There's a cave there! We can stay there for the night!"

"Idiot, have you forgotten?" Ray groaned.

"We're on the run Emma, we cant stop now because of the night!" Don complained.

Emma turned and looked at us sincerely.

"If that happens, we'll just run again. The children are getting tired won't be able to hold out much longer." Emma said, frowning as Gilda nodded.

As you inspected the children's facial expressions, you realized she was right. Their eyes could barely keep themselves open and their legs looked like they could give out at any moment. Understandable of course, not only are they tired, but they're terrified because of how things became.

You sighed. "I think that's a good idea." Ray looked at you as you spoke. You looked back at him, as if asking "what", and he crossed his arms.

"Alright fine. Let's help them, Don." Ray declared, looking back at them.

"Ok if you say so. But the minute the demons find us, just know I told you so!" Don said.

We finally reached the cave after a long while of walking and struggling to keep the children awake until then.

Don and Gilda were helping the children prepare for bed while Emma and Ray were planning our next move. You just sat at the opening of the cave, weapon ready, keeping an eye out for any movement among the plains.

You shivered, not because it was chilly outside. Perhaps it was because you felt someone behind you. When you felt a hand on your shoulder, you screeched and aimed your weapon at the demon. However, it turned out to be Ray holding up his hands, surprised.

You sighed in relief and held your pounding chest. "Don't scare me like that."

"I wasn't trying to scare you." Ray said, with one eyebrow raised.

"Never mind then, what do you want?" You shakily asked, out of breath and looking away.

"I was going to tell you to get some rest, but you seem a bit off. Are you OK?" He asked.

"I'm fine. I'm going to be keeping an eye out so thanks, but I'll stay here." You turned and sat down, looking at the plains. You heard Ray sigh and sit down next to you. You sighed in frustration, confused as to why he was still here. But, not that you didn't want him close to you....

"(Y/N)."

You looked up in surprise when Ray said your name. Usually, this means business.

"Are you scared?" He asked, but was looking ahead.

You trembled a little, debating on the response. You sighed.

"No. I'm not scared. Just worried for my siblings." You answered.

"But you're trembling.." he murmured.

A long silence ensued before you realized Ray was staring back at you.

"Wh— Why do you keep looking at me like that? It's creepy." You blushed a little and looked away.

"I'm trying to find what you're not telling me." Ray sighed in frustration.

"Well, you're not going to achieve that by staring at me like some weirdo." You pouted.

"Then I'm a weirdo." He said calmly as you blushed more.

You looked away with a frown. "I'll be fine here by myself. You of all people should sleep. I'm just guarding. Just in case.." You pondered off.

"It will be fine, (Y/N), if anything, I should be the one to stay up. I'm used to it so it won't matter much to me." Ray assured you, but you shook your head.

After that little disagreement, he groaned out, "(Y/N), don't make me force you.."

When he shifted closer to you, you gasped and backed away a little. He grabbed ahold of you, and set you down so that your head was laying on his lap.

"R-Ray, What are you—"

"Shhh." He silenced you. "If you want to stay up that's fine. But you should at least relax." He mumbled, looking away from you.

You blushed at his kindness and whispered a 'thank you' before settling in.

For some reason, you felt safer in his grasp. Now that you thought about it, you've always been so fond of Ray. Sure, you absolutely loved all your other siblings, but with Ray... He seemed different.

"I care about you a lot, you know." Ray broke the silence. You looked up at him and realized he was looking down at you.

"That's why, I don't want you to feel like you're the only one who's responsible for everyone's safety." He soothingly said, rubbing your forehead.

You stared up at him for a few more moments until you finally covered your face with your hands.

"Y-You know, you've been acting strange today, Ray." Your muffled voice said through your hands. You heard him chuckle.

"It's because I care about you. Dummy."

"Well you're the dummy for caring about someone like me." You uncovered your face and pouted.

"You're right." He smirked. "But who is the one who fell in love with me?"

"Love? Like as in.." you pondered, and your eyes widened. That was it! You loved loved him! But...

"No. Not me." You turned away.

"That's a shame.." he mumbled. "So I guess I was the one who fell."

"E-Eh?! Are you serious?? You're not teasing me, are you?" You looked back up at him.

Ray leaned down and kissed your forehead, much to your surprise.

"No." He said sincerely, and looked across the plains again. You smiled at his shyness and nestled more comfortably into his lap.

"I love you too.." you whispered as your consciousness fell into the hands of sleep.

"Dummy.."