🌙 💞 When You Have A Nightmare

A/N: I apologize in advance if it is a LITTLE dull or anything like that. Tried to keep this manga-spoiler-free as much as possible. Otherwise, enjoy! ❤️

You gasped and woke up.
You felt around the darkness for a pistol, knife, frying pan— anything for protection, but all you found were pillows and blankets.
It took you a minute to process everything around you and realize that you were in your bedroom, and you had a dream—No
A nightmare.

You sat up and rubbed your eyes before tears threatened to spill from them.

"(Y/N)?" A low voice yawned, which startled you as you jumped back.

You looked down to your side and saw Ray beside you, looking up back at you with tired eyes.

You didn't say anything and looked to your other side, where your window was, and realized it was still late at night. However, when you looked up at the moon, something triggered within you, and tears were already falling from your eyes.

"Hey, answer me." Ray said as he sat up to look at you, but was shocked when he saw your tears.

When your eyes met, you quickly looked back down to wipe your tears, but they just wouldn't seem to stop.

"I-I'm fine," you croaked, "just a silly little nightmare is all."

Ray grabbed your wrists, pulling them aside, and quickly cupped your face with both of his hands. You both stared at each other for a while as Ray looked into your eyes, wiping a tear with his thumb.

"It's not silly if it made you cry..." He said calmly. "What happened?"

You hesitated for a moment, debating on whether you should tell him or not. However, you decided there was no harm in doing it. Ray cared about you, so you shouldn't push him away because of some nightmare.

"Ray...I-I dreamt about the demons..." you managed to get out as you looked down. "I dreamt that... we were at war with them... and we did manage to... to win... but..."

You paused as you struggled to keep your composure.

"But then, you.... you..." you gulped.

"Tell me." Ray said, pulling you close into a warm hug this time, rubbing your back.

"You...a-and Emma...and Gilda.... and Don...Anna, Thoma, Nat, Lani... everyone... killed right before my eyes..." you whispered shakily before sobbing into his shoulder.

You felt Ray twitch, taking in all of what you said, and nodded silently. He held your face up and kissed both of your cheeks.

"(Y/N), the demons have been dealt with. It's been, what, 2 years now that we have been living at peace? They're not going to be any trouble anymore." He assured you before kissing your forehead.

"I'm sorry.." you muttered.

"Don't be, I understand. It still haunts you... but I'm here, we're all here, all alive." He smiles softly at you, much to your surprise.

You smiled back. "Thank you, Ray. I love you."

"I love you too." He whispered, before capturing your lips with his own. You sighed into the kiss, feeling warm, safe, and happy under his embrace.

When you both pulled away, you both lied down, covering yourselves in blankets once more.

"Ray, can we cuddle?" You pleaded, looking up at him. "I wanna spend more time with you right now.." you look away, blushing.

He chuckled. "Sure. But don't yell at me in the morning for falling asleep on you."

You laughed and snuggled into his chest as he wrapped one arm around you.

You both talked for a bit, about your futures and what you would like to do, before you finally yawned, growing drowsy.

He smirked, "Getting tired already I see? Time for bed then."

You pouted. "Fine Fine, I'll see you in the morning then." You smiled before closing your eyes.

"Yeah." He hummed and kissed your forehead before whispering warmly,

"Sweet dreams, (Y/N)."

🌙🌟🌑💫🌃🌌💖💝💞💤