🌸 Perfect 🌸

No au!
No spoilers!
I can't wait for season 2 so I can start writing more without any need for spoiler warning-

You hummed as you roamed the bookshelves in the House library. You were quite fond of stories, even when you were younger, you'd beg Mom to read you a couple of bedtime stories before finally turning in. Eventually, your love of books blossomed into a close relationship with Ray, a fellow bookworm and one of the smartest people you knew.

"Hey, (Y/N), check this out."

You grinned as you peered over your shoulder and turned to walk over to a sitting Ray. You sat yourself down and scoot yourself closer so you could see where he was pointing his finger.

"There was this... new book. That I found. It sort of delves into this term, 'love'."

You hummed and looked a bit more closer.

"Oh I've heard of that kind where friends are more than friends... what did you find out about?" Your gaze then turned to him.

"Well.. I found out that if two people love each other a whole lot, they form a sort of special commitment called 'marriage'. The process requires two rings, each for the person to wear for the rest of their life, and they celebrate by throwing a big party... 'Til death do they part' is part of the whole speech. Scary."

"Wow. That sounds... amazing." You smiled as Ray turned to you with wide eyes.

"What could be amazing about it? It's like being chained to each other until the day you die." Ray gagged. "Besides, there are things in this book that should be left unsaid, or unread actually."

"Yeah but they're WILLING to be chained to each other. Like, just imagine, a perfect person in this world just for you. Wouldn't you want to spend the rest of your days with that person?" You looked up at the ceiling as you held your chin.

"That's 'soulmates' for you, but I personally don't believe in that." Ray shook his head and sighed. "I don't know if there's anyone who is 'perfect' for me."

"Aw stop being gloomy! Once you leave this orphanage, you'll have a chance to find that person in the big world, right?"

Ray glanced over at you silently, before looking down at the book. "Maybe."

....

You panted, out of breath, as you and your siblings looked out on the first sunrise of your freedom. As you all stood among the trees, you could feel the sun's warmth as if a sign of accomplishment.

You smiled to yourself as you remembered that day, when Ray introduced you to that term. You both promised each other to help each other find that person. A key to true happiness. That plan almost seemed to fade when you were hit by the news, and you had doubted that you would ever live to fulfill that promise.

But now, alive and still breathing, you finally have escaped what most would call Hell, and you sighed in relief that there was still a glimpse of hope left of looking for "The One."

When you felt a warm hand grasp yours, you thought, perhaps, you didn't have to look anywhere.

"Let's go, (Y/N)." Ray smiled at you.

Part 2 but has manga spoilers sooo yeah I made it so that if you don't want any spoilers, this would be a good time to stop. For now. 😊