🖤 I Loved Her. 🖤

It was just an ordinary day at Grace Field house.

You sat at your piano and grazed your fingers over the keys before pressing them. While everyone spent the day playing tag outside, you were inside an empty room playing the piano.

You had a certain unique skill, like your friends Emma, Norman, and Ray.

You were quite the pianist.

It didn't make you feel lonely though. In fact, you enjoyed the silent comfort of the room. And occasionally, everyone would come in to listen to you play.

Mom taught you how to play from a young age. You had always shown great interest in music. So, for your 10th birthday she brought in a piano and taught you based on the piano books from the library. She taught you chords, songs, scales— everything.

When you hear the door open, you stopped playing to see who it was.

"You're just going to spend all day in here, again?" Ray asked.

"I guess so." You shrugged.

Ray was probably your best friend out of everyone in the house. You both greatly respected each other.

Of course, you like Emma, Norman, Phil, Gilda, Don, Mom... everyone. But with Ray, you probably got along with him the best.

You hear Ray sigh. "Why don't you go play with the kids for once?" He suggested.

You smirked. "I could say the same for you, bookworm."

"Fair enough." He looked to the side, possibly thinking.

"Why don't we take a walk... I... have something to tell you." He said, looking back at you.

"Fine. But you must listen to me play afterwards!" You demanded.

"Fine Fine Fine, now let's go." He said impatiently, grabbing your wrist and pulling you outside.

Once you were, he brought you to a certain patch of land, one where no one was nearby. Probably because they were all playing tag.

"(Y/N)." Ray said, dropping your wrist and stuffing his hands into his pocket.

"Promise me.." you look up confused.

"Promise me you won't cry or scream or panic." He looked at you.

After a long pause, you stood up straight.

"I promise."

He sighed and looked at the ground, trying to find the right words to say.

Finally, he told you the reality of this world, what you really were, what the purpose of all this was. And his plan to escape.

You stared at him in surprise, and suddenly felt tears stream down your face. No...

"I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean to..." you trailed as you rubbed your face with your arms.

But the tears wouldn't stop.

You then suddenly felt warm arms wrap around you.

You looked up and saw Ray's face close to yours as he held you.

You felt yourself heat up. "Ray?..."

You felt him kiss your tears away which made your blush worsen.

"W-What are you doing?" You stuttered, your legs feeling weak from his soft touch.

"I care about you, (Y/N)... and I told you this so you can live. Then someday.. we can all smile together in freedom. This way, none of us have to die..."

You nodded slowly. "I understand. Thank you, Ray. I care about you too..."

You hugged him back and rested your head on his shoulder.

You felt him smile as his grip tightened.

.

.

.

.

After the escape.

Ray woke up from his bed in the shelter. He rubbed his face and got up.

His face dropped as he saw your picture next to his pillow.

He picked it up, and tears threatened to spill as he held it to his cheek.

"Damn it..." he cursed.

"Ray?"

He looked up.

Emma and Norman stood at the doorway.

Ray stood up anxiously, asking frantically, "How is she?? Is she alive?? Tell me!!!"

Emma and Norman smiled, but Emma started to sob.

Ray clenched his fists. "What happened??!" He nearly yelled out.

"S-She.... H-Her sounds w-were too d-deep.." Emma sobbed. "She sacrificed herself f-for all of us! I-I couldn't p-protect her, I am so...so sorry, Ray!!" Emma cried out in agony, and held her face as Norman hugged her.

Ray stood shocked in disbelief. He brushed past them and ran towards the area where they treated the wounded, and practically busted the door open.

"(Y/N)!!!" He yelled.

But there was no response. Everyone there looked at him sorrowfully, and in tears.

He ran to her deathbed, and held her face in his hands. It was cold, but peaceful at the same time.
She looked like she was sleeping.
He hoped she was sleeping.
He wished she was sleeping.

But she was dead.

More tears streamed down Ray's face. Norman and Emma walked up to him and wrapped their arms around him.

Norman sighed. "I'm so sorry... you guys were close.... you really liked her—"

"No, I didn't." Ray clenched his fists now even tighter.

Everyone looked up at him in shock.

"I loved her."

🎹📚