🖤 The Saddest Word 🖤 Part 2

Part 2 requested by: imhurgry

"Hey, (Y/N)? About the other day.." Ray started, but you just walked past him. When he called after you, you didn't even spare him a glance. You decided to avoid him for a while. After all, how could you even approach him? You instead began to hang out more and more with Emma and Gilda. As for Anna, if you both caught yourself looking at each other, you'd just exchange somewhat genuine smiles.

"Hey (Y/N), we have to tell you something." Emma said softly but sternly. You cocked your head slightly to the side, "What is it?" She took a deep breath and Norman nodded to her. "Well.. you see—"

"What are you guys doing?" You heard a voice behind you. You turned and felt your heart clench as you caught the sight of the raven haired boy. "We're going to tell her." You heard Emma's voice. You looked away from Ray and began to walk away, but felt him grab your wrist. "Let go." You glared back at him. "You need to hear this." Ray said, glaring back at you. You tried to yank your arm away from him, "I don't want to be near you!" You struggled. Ray looked down, his grip only tightening, "Please, just listen to what we have to say."

"I SAID LET GO OF ME!" You shouted at him. He seemed taken aback by your volume as he looses his grip on you. You took in a shaky breath, "Why should I hear about what you have to say? When you lied to me.. why should I have to trust whatever you say?"

Emma and Norman exchanged awkward glances.

Ray grimaced at the sound of your trembling voice. "This is important. Besides, you trust Emma and Norman, right? So at least listen to what they have to say if you're not gonna listen to me." You took a step back, "Well.."

"What is going on here??" You heard Mom's voice echo throughout the hallway. You could've sworn you saw the color empty from Emma and Norman's faces. "Oh, mom!" Emma exclaimed, a confused smile stretching across her face. "Emma." Mom smiled at her, then turned to me and Ray, "What's the cause of all this commotion?"

"Commotion?" Emma questioned.

"Yes," Mom answered, "I heard some shouting, and so have the others, too." Mom looked at you with a worried expression, "You look like you're in distress, (Y/N). Are you alright? Are you sick?" She asked, pressing the back of her hand lightly against your forehead. You looked down, "I'm not sick. I'm alright..." you mumbled.

"No, you are not." Mom pulled her hand back, "Is it Ray?"

"Oi! Why do you assume it's me?!" Ray's eyes widened as Norman slightly chuckled.

"You're always picking on poor (Y/N)..." Mom frowned at Ray while patting your head. "I'm just tired." You murmured. Mom stared at you and placed her hand just underneath your ears. "Hm... alright, if you say so. You children start heading to bed, it's getting late anyway."

Once she pulled away, you were more than happy to leave. Anywhere but there.

Emma and Norman exchanged glances with each other once more. Once Mom left, Emma lightly punched Ray's arm.

"Ow." Ray muttered.

Eventually-

"Everyone. I really liked the time I spent here. I wish we could've had more time, but I'll never forget any of you!!" You smiled, clutching onto your suitcase. Emma smiled sadly at you as Norman slightly nodded, Ray was nowhere to be found, and Don and Gilda were fighting back tears. The younger children all looked up at you with saddened expressions, some reaching out to hug you.

"I hope to see everyone on the outside one day!" You smiled as you turned with Mom and headed out the door. Emma curled her hands into fists as she broke down crying, Norman trying to comfort her. They ended up not telling the girl as she already had to deal with heartbreak. They decided they would keep it a secret until they all escaped. But it was too late.

As for Ray, he was currently sitting in the library. The same place where you found Anna and him. He sighed heavily as he rested his head on the picture of you, Emma, and Norman smiling happily. "Almost. Damnit. We took too long."

"Almost." He repeated.

"I almost was her— no, I was never her." you muttered as you walked into the gate, ready to finally meet your new family.

Sorry but
I stfg every fcken time I type "Ray" it autocorrects to "Rat" And when I type "Rat" it autocorrects to "Ray" and it's FUNNY the first couple times around but you try texting Rat and Ray when you actually mean Ray and Rat and it's starting to drive me crazy- it's ok I get the point you're trying to make ok RAT IS A RAY Jesus Christmas

Merry Christmas 😂