🌸 I adore you 🌸 Modern!School!AU

(Y/N POV)

As I arrived to my high school, I pulled out my phone to check the time.

7:56 a.m

'Huh. I think I arrived too early... School starts in almost an hour...'

As I approached the front gate, I kept walking and held my finger to my chin. Who can I hang out with this early? Then it occurred to me.

I started walking towards the school library, at a really quick pace.

'Ray is always coming in early for those books!'

I entered through the library doors quietly and walked around.

There was no one around, at least from what you could see. Completely empty.

'Hehe, I should surprise attack him!!!'

I silently giggled to myself at the thought.

He always had this funny face whenever something unexpected happens.

Anyway, as I crept silently through the library, I saw a big black bush of hair through the next few aisles.

I smirked to myself and carefully walked quietly into the aisle that was right behind him.

'Hmmm, I kinda wanna know what's so interesting about the books he reads though.. it couldn't hurt to peek, right?'

I stealthily walked through the aisle behind him and peeked above the books down to the book Ray was holding.

It was kind of odd though.

I expected endless paragraphs of words and little to no pictures, but the pages were all filled with pictures. And, particularly, pictures of people.

I stood onto the very tips of my toes just to kind of study how the book looked and get an idea of what kind of book it was. Why the hell would Ray be looking at pictures of people?

I flinched as Ray suddenly moved his finger to... caress the page?

Okay, hold up.

I knew he liked books, but I didn't think he was in LOVE with them.

As I tried to hold in a giggle, I looked over to the spot he caressed...

And my eyes widened.

It was a picture of me.

.
.

.

.

.
.
.

.

What the hell!?

Why is Ray looking at a YEARBOOK?

Why is Ray looking at my picture specifically?

Why did he CARESS it?!?!

As I was questioning myself, I didn't realize how far from the ground I really was, and lost my balance, hitting my head with one of the books in the process, and knocking it down to the ground as well.

"Ouch!"

'Damn. That's on me...Ugh.'

I held my aching forehead, but realized I had to sneak away, fast.

As soon as I turned to leave, I saw Ray looking down at me.

I froze, and waved while still holding my forehead.