[31] Self-aware [31]

Y/N was now self-aware of everything and anything she says towards Dream, now know her new found feelings anyway. But that means distancing herself, not talking as much or being around him. She switched seats with Sapnap and was the furthest away on the dinner table.

Y/N barely does anything with him, when he and her sneaks out, she doesn't talk just walks away from the situation. Even if he waits for her, she throws a thank you and leaves.

Any talk with him with anyone, she skips. Y/N needed her feelings to disappear, she needs them to. Y/N doesn't want love, or anything to do with love.

Even if the ache in her heart grew every time she shut him out, the girl had to bare with it. Even the voices were basically demanding her to talk to him. But she didn't obey.

The day after this is the sleepover, the girl really didn't want to do this. Even if she already slept in the same bed as the other, the ache in her heart earning her to do it, nothing helped.

The girl was sat in her new seat at the table, feeling Dream's concerned yet sad glances hit her every couple of minutes. She could see the pout that he would make in her head, which just doesn't go away. It makes her feel bad, she blames it on the voices.

The fork in her hand was playing with the food on her plate. The problem with silencing herself around Dream, it also meant silencing herself around the group. And they all picked up on it.

The girl lied when they asked her if anything's wrong, always pulling on the fake smile and saying everything is great. She knew they didn't buy it, but they nodded along and continued with conversation. Dream was the only one who kept eye contact, she physically saw the hurt and it broke her every time.

The girl got out the room as quickly as possible, going straight to her own room and closing the door behind her. The girl packed some things like she has for two days to bring to Tubbo's home so they can get it ready to move to the in construction home.

Y/N has to only put this up for 3 more weeks after tomorrow. Then she is free to escape and never think of him again. That would serve her well, not to feel love.
The girl decided to leave early, slinging the bag over her shoulders and clicking the button on his remote and leaving through the window.

--

The girl saw Dream sat at the fairy tale garden, moving away from him and quietly going to the hedge.

"My Darling Y/N?" The voice in her head called, she stopped. "Why are you running?"

The ghost of her father was back, "I managed to be here again, why don't we go resume our dance?" He smiled, Y/N was now able to see him, right in front of her.

Her hand turned to the man sitting on some rocks, swishing the water with his hand with a small smile. Dream hadn't seen her yet.
"I can't, sorry father" She murmured in a hushed voice, turning her head back to face the ghost but sneaking little glances to the oblivious boy.

The father got the idea, nodding his head to the exit and she followed. But a twig snapped on the floor, Dream's head bolted over to the sound. Her father disappeared.

"Y/N..?" He spoke, standing from his spot and shaking his hand to get rid of the drops of water. Y/N gulped, wanting to leave.

She turned her body to look at the man, who was standing near the moving water. That's when he noticed the bag slung around her shoulder,
"Where are you going?"

"Not really any of your business" She said, turning her face to look away and at the hedge.
Dream was silent.

"Y/N- W--"
"I have to go" She ended the conversation making her way to the exit which was so close, but yet so far at the same time.