two - blue haired boy

"I'm gonna go out on a limb here and ask why you're following me," Sasaki said, turning around to face the person behind him. He had just entered the school building after signing up with the basketball club.

He'd noticed someone was lingering just behind him for a while, and had seen a flash of blue hair as he was moving away from the basketball club table.

The person in front of him had blue eyes and blue hair, and as he looked down at him from their height difference, he raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, I'm sorry. I was just observing you because you seemed familiar," The person said, "I'm Kuroko Tetsuya. I play basketball too."

"Oh yeah?" Sasaki brightened up, putting his hand into a fist and holding it out in front of him. Kuroko's eyes widened. "Let's do well together, kay?"

"..." Kuroko had remembered where he'd seen him before the second he saw him at the basketball club sign up table, but with this, Kuroko knew, so he smiled before returning the fist bump. "Yes, let's do our best."

"I'm Sasaki Hayate, by the way. Good to meet you," The two started walking again, "so, what class are you in?" The white haired male questioned.

"I'm in class 1-B. I assume since you're the first year representative that you're in class 1-A?" The blue haired boy returned the question, making him nod.

"That's right. Guess I won't be seeing you in class, but oh well," Sasaki pursed his lips. "Wanna eat lunch together?"

"Sure, I'd be happy to," Kuroko answered, a slight smile on his lips. Yes, this was definitely the person he wanted as his light, the person who personified his ideals. "By the way, you're a point forward, right?" The question seemed to confuse Sasaki as he nodded.

"Yeah, I suppose you could call me that. I'm actually fine with any position, but now I'm curious, how'd you know that?" He asked him, to which the smaller boy replied simply.

"I saw you playing street ball back before middle school graduation," He explained. Sasaki's eyes widened, that was a while back and he still remembered? "The way you played left a big impression on me, Sasaki-kun," Kuroko admitted.

"Really?" His eyebrows shot upwards. "I don't think I did anything all that special.."

"It's not like that," The blue haired boy shook his head. "The way you played with your teammates, that's what caught my attention. You were having fun, and you were playing together instead of by yourselves."

"Huh?" Sasaki's eyebrows furrowed, his gaze going to the person next to him. "Basketball isn't a sport where you can afford to play by yourself, where'd you even think that up? Must have been pretty boring," He mused.

The statement made Kuroko stop in his tracks. That's exactly it: boring. Playing basketball by yourself was boring. But that's almost exactly what Teiko basketball was about, lonesome self play. He liked the person beside him even more.

"Kuroko?" Sasaki paused a bit further away when he saw that the other male wasn't beside him any longer.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I was lost in thought," He apologized and caught up with him. Sasaki just grinned as he stretched.

"No problem! But you're one hard person to keep track of, why's your presence so nonexistent? Like geez, I gotta strain my senses just to keep track of you! Freaking nuts, man."

~•~

After school was over, the prospective members of the basketball club and the returning members gathered in the gym. Kuroko stood behind Sasaki, being his literal shadow as they waited for something to happen.