thirty - ignite pass kai

(Recap for score: 66 S to 59 T)

After a few more back and forths, Riko decided to put Kuroko in since he had deemed the amount of time he had spent out enough of a rest. "You're going back to being point?" Aomine looked at Sasaki in shock as the boy shrugged.

"Yeah, that's how it works. Don't worry, I'll still be guarding you so make sure to keep trying your best," Sasaki grinned at him, making the other huff angrily.

"Yeah whatever," The Touou ace grumbled as he twisted his pinkie in his ear. "Let's see what the Light and Shadow of Seirin is capable of."

"Lights, since he has two-"

"Nah, Tetsu's only got you," Aomine shook his head, jabbing his thumb towards where Kagami was. "He's barely a flicker, how can a spark shine?"

"Compared to you, of course he's just a spark," Sasaki glanced at Kagami, which caught the redhead's attention. "But he's more than enough when paired with Tetsu and me."

Kuroko felt a shiver go down his spine when Sasaki said his nickname, and his lips twitched upwards.

"Shoot! Kuroko I'm so sorry, I said your name without permission!" Sasaki bowed to him, hands clasped together above his head. "Please forgive me!"

"It's fine, I don't mind," The blue haired phantom assured him. Soon after, play resumed. Touou scored the first points with a layup (61), but Kuroko wasn't going to let them have the advantage. Stepping out, he wound up for a cyclone pass and got it to Sasaki who was already running along with Kagami.

Aomine quickly got on their tail, but Sasaki expected that. Passing to Hyuuga, Sasaki gave a thumbs up as the captain shot a three (69). "That was a nice pass, Sasaki," Hyuuga complimented with a high five to the other player, who smiled happily.

"I'm glad! That was a nice shot, too!"

"Of course it was!" Hyuuga yelled, "let's keep it up!"

Kuroko stole the ball as Touou's number seven passed to Imayoshi, having intercepted it. Passing the ball to Sasaki, the point guard started dribbling back towards their goal and made an open layup (71).

"Way to go, Kuroko!" They high fived.

"You're still the same, Tetsu," Aomine spoke up as the two went past. I called it, I flippin called it! Sasaki grinned cheekily. I'm so glad I suggested Kuroko try something new, otherwise this might have been a real blow. "You really haven't changed since middle school."

"That's not true," Kuroko replied, stepping closer to Sasaki. "You just haven't seen it yet."

"So prepare for the worst!" Sasaki joined in, slinging an arm around the blue haired phantom. Aomine chuckled, slicking back his hair.

"Alright, then let's see it."

"You will when the time is right," Kuroko stated.

"Yeah, there's no need to rush~" Sasaki sang, "come on Kuroko we're on defense. You should probably go get ready to steal while I mark this chump."

"Sure."

"Did you just call me a chump?" Aomine was once again aghast at Sasaki, who snickered and nodded.

"Yessir~ I sure did!"

"I'm not a chump, literally any other insult is fine, not chump," He said, so with a frown, Sasaki tried to think of a different insult.

"Dang, I'm empty. I'll just keep calling you Aomine then," He said with a shrug. Touou soon scored, making it 71 Seirin to 63 Touou. Sasaki caught the ball and started dribbling. Kagami was on his left while Kuroko was running on his right.

Think now's a good time?

Yeah, I'm ready. Kagami answered as he ran towards the basket. Nodding, Sasaki implanted the idea to use the new pass into Kuroko's head, then passed to him.

Low and behold, Kuroko got into his stance and Ignite Pass Kai'd to Kagami. Even when Aomine tried to intercept, the ball slapped his hand away. Many gasps were heard around the stadium when the redhead dunked over Wakamatsu (73).

"Nice job you two!"

"So you have changed a little," Aomine had the ball, bouncing it with ever step he took. Sasaki and Kuroko looked at him, seeing his face darken as he said his next words. "That doesn't change the outcome. The only one who can beat me is me."

With that said, he blew past the two, then got past Hyuuga, then Mitobe, and headed for a dunk. Kagami managed to catch up, jumping to block. However, Aomine dunked over him with a sadistic smirk on his face (65).

Sasaki suddenly got the shivers.

A few back and forths more, and the third quarter ended with the scores being 75 Seirin to 71 Touou.

Aomine scored the first points of the fourth quarter, throwing as he was rolling around Kagami (73). As the redhead went to go after him when the Touou ace headed back for defense, he faultered. Sasaki wasn't paying attention to Kagami, but when a member change was called a second later, he saw it too.

"Shoot, that looks bad," Sasaki winced, just imagining how much pain Kagami was in and how much of a pain healing that amount of damage would be. Injuring both legs by avoiding use of his first injury was an awful way to go out.

"Why again?! There's no problem with the taping!" Kagami argued.

"Just get on the bench," Izuki told him, patting him on the shoulder.

"I'm fine! Besides, the game is still going, I can't leave now-"

"JUST GET ON THE BENCH!" Riko shouted, causing Sasaki's hand to fly to his mouth. It's been a while since I've seen you this agitated, Riko-san. But I completely understand.

After her outburst, Kagami was switched out for Izuki. "We're going to need you on offense, Sasaki, so leave the passing to me  and Kuroko," Izuki said, and the white haired male nodded.

"Gotcha. I'm counting on you."

"Hey, he's crazy," Wakamatsu muttered, but Sasaki and Sakurai caught it.

"Huh?"

"Is he going to kill someone?"

"What?!" The two reeled back.

"Everyone who was played against Aomine so far has given up or stood there stunned once they see how much better he is. Either way, they lost their will. But even after all this, and even more than before, he's radiating rage."

"That's just Kagami for ya," Sasaki shrugged in reply. "He's angry at himself and Riko, but there's nothing either of them can do now except keep him on the bench and let him heal. Otherwise, it could ruin his future."

"Aren't you a pessimist?"

"Meh, more of a realist."