one o' eight - return

(Back to 51 for the comment goal! Also, for the people that missed my announcements, I had gone live on TikTok while writing, but there wasn't much of a turnout. Should I try again some time with more of a heads up or just stop?)

"I take back what I said," Mibuchi muttered as he stood with Hayama as they guarded against threes. Seirin was on offense at the moment, meaning Sasaki had the ball in his hands.

"Huh?" The cheetah glanced towards the shooting guard, having heard him but at the same time having no idea what he was talking about.

"I could never even think of dating that psycho," His eyes narrowed in on Sasaki's face. "I can't believe he's smiling right now."

"Of course he is," Kagami whipped through them, distracting the four non-zoners so that Sasaki could pass around Akashi's defense zone to Kuroko, who slapped it to Kiyoshi. The center went up, and everyone thought a basket was inevitable.

However, Akashi proved them all wrong, slamming the ball against the backboard and then driving to the other side, leaving almost everyone gaping in shock.

Sasaki stood under the net the captain was running towards, as if he'd known it would happen. As expected of you, Hayate, the Rakuzan captain exhaled with an upward twitch of his lips.

Not a second later, Kagami and Kuroko fronted Akashi, Kagami a few inches in front of Kuroko and Kuroko a few feet in front of Sasaki.

Kagami's in front? They're not double-teaming me? Akashi asked himself. Tetsuya can't keep up with me and Kagami. Even if he has an unexpected plan, I can see the future.

"Yeah, but so can he, buddy," Sasaki mused under his breath, the grin from earlier still ever present on his face.

The second Akashi passed Kagami, Kuroko was there waiting for him. What? Impossible... How did you get there before me?!

Predicting the future of his allies was Kuroko's very own Emperor eye, and that was more than enough to get the edge.

And thus, the ball was stolen from Akashi, causing the sparks in his eyes to dwindle ever so slightly. "Thanks!" Sasaki took the ball, bolting for the other side as the Seirin bench went wild.

"Counterattack!"

"You're kidding, right!?" Mibuchi demanded desperately, knowing he wouldn't be in time to stop the point guard. "Stop them, Kotaro!" He yelled to the person closest to the azurette.

"Stop me all ya want, we still have a tiger raring to go," Sasaki got up in Hayama's personal space, then moved the ball behind himself and tossed it to the incoming redhead. Nebuya and Mayuzumi were in the way to the net, but that wasn't the only problem Sasaki sensed.

A turnover? And I... I let it happen?

"A new Sonic the Hedgehog has been born," Sasaki wiped a fake tear from his eye as he witnessed Akashi-who'd been standing at the other end of the court, stunned-literally zoom to in front of Kagami in less than a second.

"Akashi!" Mayuzumi reeled back.

I can stop him with Emperor Eye! Akashi told himself, reaching to steal the ball before the redhead could react.

"Nope, Kuroko's eye is better," Sasaki hummed as Kuroko took the ball out of Kagami's hand right before Akashi could, drawing a growl from the Rakuzan captain. As Kuroko threw the ball to the redhead, going for a dunk, Akashi ran towards the hoop.

Don't be absurd. I am absolute! I must not lose! NOT IN FRONT OF HAYATE!

"Friggin nuts, I'm not gonna like you less or more depending on if you lose or win, dude," The azurette commented before thinking better of it. "But I guess your pride won't let you. Man, kinda wanna see the other Akashi right now, that'd be a cool twist..."

"MAKE THE SHOT, KAGAMI!!" The entire Seirin team, minus the boy talking to himself, shouted as Akashi and the redhead faced off in the air.

Leave it to me. I'll make it! I'm carrying the team's hopes on my shoulders! I will make this shot!

"Ho, whoa now," Sasaki felt the Zone quake. "You're quite greedy, aren't ya pal? Though, I don't think it's time for that quuiiiiite yet."

Kagami dunked over Akashi, leaving the entire stadium stunned. Sasaki, however, just looked cheeky as he nodded in approval. "He made it!" Seirin's bench cheered.

"No.. way.." Mibuchi breathed. Seeing Akashi on his ass must be a first for him, the azurette thought. "Sei-chan.."

Looks like Akashi's getting thrown out of the Zone, Sasaki watched as the eyes of his lover were void of the tell-tail sparks of the Zone. His thoughts are a mess. I can tell the rest of the time is going to be rough.

Suddenly, his eyes widened. Akashi was looking straight at him, having stood up. And his eyes were hot pink. Both of them, not just one like they usually were! There was only one reason that could have happened, and that's-

"Sasaki," The 5'8ft player stood in front of the 6'2ft player, smiling. "I'm sorry it took this long for me to formally greet you."

"Ah, no problem Akashi!" He rubbed his neck sheepishly. "Oh, uh, we never really resolved what I should call you..."

"Sei is fine, or Akashi until you're more comfortable around me," He supplied, so the azurette gave him a thumbs up.

"Wait, how'd you get, uh, control?" Sasaki squinted at him, drawing a warm smile from the Rakuzan captain.

"We made an agreement in those few seconds you heard him freaking out."

"We're going to co-host for the rest of this game," His left eye returned to being golden. "You made me realize I can't just rely on myself, I need him as well."

"Something like that," His left eye returned to twin his right eye with a grimace. "But now that I'm here, my mentality has changed. I no longer wish for defeat, and so I will give it my all to defeat you and Seirin as a whole," He told him, their gazes locked.

Sasaki beamed, raising his fist. "Sounds good! Glad to have you here, Sei! Seiji! Can't wait to see how it goes!"

"Yes," The two almost blushed, being reminded of how simple and beautiful of an existence their lover was. Returning the fist bump, the two bodies went their separate ways.

(I'm too lazy to redo this, but that TikTok account won't let me go live so for lives, go to [ cosplaycrackles ] instead

Also, new rule! I will not be replying to comments until we hit the goal!!!)