twenty two - wins and food

The clock was running down with barely three minutes left. 67 Seirin 69 Shutoku was shown on the score as Shutoku took a time out. "Got em on the ropes!" Sasaki cheered, panting slightly since he was, in fact, tired.

The time out felt like it sped by, and soon Sasaki and the others were slinking back onto the court. Shutoku had the ball first, and since they thought that Sasaki and Kagami were out of gas, Takao was planning on passing to Midorima for the rest of the game.

However, the first pass to Midorima was stolen by Sasaki. "Out of gas? Who do you take me for? That one?" He laughed as he looked at Kagami, who glowered back at him.

"I'm getting the hang of it!"

"Sure sure," Sasaki passed to Hyuuga, who went to shoot but failed as Otobo blocked the shot. Soon enough, the score changed with a three from Midorima. "Aw drat," Sasaki pouted as he watched. "I was being careless with that one, my bad."

"It's just one shot, daho," Hyuuga said, slapping his back. "Come on, we're on offense."

"Yes sir," The point guard chuckled, catching the ball as it was thrown in. Ballerina-ing around his mark, Sasaki threw the ball to Hyuuga on the outside. The shooting guard made the three, reducing the gap again.

The clock slowly ticked down. Eighteen seconds left. The ball went out of bounds. Fifteen seconds left. Seirin's ball.

"Kuroko," Sasaki and the blue haired boy made eye contact. He nodded in understanding as Sasaki backed up towards the center line.

Otobo went on Hyuuga and Midorima went on Sasaki. "I won't lose to you," The greenette said lowly as he guarded him. "No matter what you do, I will stop you."

"That sounds like a challenge," Sasaki's eyes blazed widely. "And I humbly," He caught the ball. Eight seconds left. He went around him. Seven seconds left.

Midorima tried to follow, but Kagami was there as a screen. Five seconds left. Sasaki jumped from the center line and released the ball. Three seconds left.

The ball flew through the air towards the basket. Two seconds left. The ball bounced on the rim. Sasaki's heart dropped. One second left.

The ball bounced again and dropped through the hoop. The buzzer went off. The victor of the Shutoku vs Seirin game was Seirin at 73 to 72.

"WE WON!" The bench went up in cheers as they all ran out to celebrate. Sasaki collapsed on the floor, just done with life as everyone else on their team jumped for joy.

"OI GET OFF THE FLOOR, YOU'RE NOT EVEN LAUGHING!"

"Leave me, I'm no good to you dead," Sasaki flopped a hand over his face.

"You're not dead."

"I am."

"You're responding, therefore you can't be dead."

"..."

"Oi!"

"Kagami, let him be," Izuki put a hand on the redhead's shoulder. "He practically carried us through that game, there's no way he wouldn't be tired."

"Izuki-senpai, you must be an angel sent to take me to the afterlife," Sasaki breathed, only to get kicked.

"Stop saying weird things!" Hyuuga yelled, "You're getting dirty! Oi, don't roll away from me!"

"Oof," Sasaki bumped into someone, "I'm trying to tumble weed, let me through before captain pummels me."

"You're a weird one," Takao sighed, shaking his head as he stepped away from the white haired boy. "Go tumble like the weed you are."