twenty nine - aomine's style

(I wrote three chapters of this on a Monday. A Monday. When I didn't have jack shit on the schedule. I was just that motivated for this story. You're fucking welcome everyone! 52 S 45 T for score recap)

"There he is," The Seirin players all looked over as Aomine made his grand entrance. He had a towel draped over his head, and he appeared to be sweating. Pulling the towel off, Aomine's smirking face was revealed.

"Let's do this already," He said.

"I have never met someone as edgy as that," Sasaki commented quietly.

"Sasaki, I'm ready for that handshake now," Aomine called out, making the person in question frown.

"I would but now you're sweaty and I'm not-"

"Just gimme your fucking hand," The Touou ace growled. Sasaki gasped as he put both hands over his mouth.

"You just said a really bad word."

"..." Aomine deadpanned, blinked, then looked at Kuroko and pointed at Sasaki. "Tetsu, is he always like this?"

"Yes," Kuroko responded, making Aomine sigh as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Geez, what a pain," He grumbled.

"Even though we can't shake hands, I can say that we can go all out since I've been switched to a small forward so I look forward working with you!" Sasaki bowed and beamed at Aomine.

Kuroko's eyes narrowed when he noticed a faint blush dusting Aomine's cheeks as the Touou ace grinned. "Perfect, you better give it all you got."

"Meh, we'll see," Sasaki shrugged as the announcement for the third quarter to begin was made. Kuroko was benched thanks to Sasaki's efforts, so Izuki was taking the point guard position.

Seirin had the ball first, and got a three pointer from Hyuuga with a screen from Sasaki. (55) On the way back, Aomine was given the ball. His entire being gave off the vibe of being absolutely thrilled as he held the ball. Sasaki stood in front of him, waiting.

The Touou ace didn't even fake as he zoomed around Sasaki. However, the white haired male was not one to lose in a battle of speed. Easily getting in front of him again, Sasaki went up as Aomine jumped for a fade away.

Nicking the ball, Sasaki watched as it spun around the rim, and in the end dropped in. (47) "Aw man, and I was ready for it too," He complained as he landed. Aomine chuckled, he really was a weirdo, but he was fun to be around exactly because of that fact.

Suddenly, Izuki threw to Kagami who was aiming for a fast break. Sasaki and Aomine bolted, one intent on stopping the redhead, the other intent on covering him.

As Kagami jumped to slam the ball into the hoop, Aomine zoomed up next to him and slapped the ball out of his hands. Right to where Sasaki was waiting. Aomine's eyes widened at the smirk present on the white haired player's face as he jumped and shot a three before the two could land. (58)

"Enough," Aomine suddenly scoffed as Seirin went to defense. Sasaki quirked an eyebrow. "Honest basketball just isn't for me."

"Dunno how you can be dishonest with basketball but ay, maybe I'm wrong and you'll show me," Sasaki shrugged as Aomine started dribbling. Coming at him, the two were matched. Then, Aomine bounced the ball away from him and behind Sasaki.

He then whirled around, grabbed the ball, and drove in as Sasaki was left in the dust. "Oh wow, that was pretty cool," He smiled before getting back on his mark. Aomine's eyes widened before his grin returned and the two started what looked to be an intricate fast paced dance.

No one could touch them as they whized around the court. Aomine looked impressed that Sasaki could keep up with him, but then he smirked again as he jumped.

Sasaki also jumped, only to see that Aomine had no intention of shooting from where he has jumped. Instead, as he drifted behind the basket, he shot it from behind the basket and miraculously made it. (49) "Color me impressed, nice shot Aomine!" Sasaki complimented happily.

"Thanks," He replied automatically, then blinked when he realized he had actually accepted the compliment. "Now do you understand when I say honest basketball isn't for me?"

"Well, I think it's more along the lines of," Sasaki reiterated, "that unorthodox and a more free style of basketball is your thing. Nothings honest or dishonest, it's just how you play. And holy moly, you do it well."

"Stop complimenting him, Sasaki!"

"Oh, sorry! Coming!" Sasaki jogged back, and Aomine watched him go. A crazed look in his eyes began to form as his grin widened to its fullest capacity. That was the last straw, Aomine was completely drunk on all that was Sasaki Hayate.

Every time Aomine made a shot that seemed impossible or just straight up crazy, Sasaki would flip out with the compliments and excited smiles. "Ugh! I really wanna stop you but at the same time I wanna keep seeing your epic shots," Sasaki complained as he and the Touou ace jogged back from another of the ace's wild shots.

"They're only epic because you're trying so hard, so if you stop you won't see any more," Aomine said, so with a nod, Sasaki agreed to keep giving his best.

Sasaki then sped up and he and Aomine weaved through the other players, Sasaki giggling elatedly and Aomine wanting to roll his eyes at the childishness.

"Oi, stop messing around!" Kagami yelled from a bit aways from the two.

"Messing around?" Sasaki suddenly had the ball and shot it before Aomine could even react. "I'm just competing and disorienting my opponents," The white haired male frowned at the redhead.

"That's how it should be," The Touou ace agreed, "So shut up Kagami, and learn from this. Maybe then you'll be even a fraction as entertaining as Sasaki."

"I'm entertaining?" Sasaki seemed confused, and Aomine shrugged.

"Well yeah, it's been a while since I had so much fun," He grinned, "So keep it up."

"You too, then!" Sasaki returned the look, and play started up again. This time, as Aomine was dribbling back after having stolen the ball, Sasaki was in front of him and Kagami was behind. As Kagami jumped to block as well as Sasaki, Sasaki's eyes widened.

Kagami bumped into Aomine, and the smirk present on the Touou ace's face said it wasn't an accident as he threw the ball in his hand from behind his back and made the basket. The whistle blew as the ref called a foul on Kagami, "Basket counts! One free throw!"

"HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!" Sasaki demanded once they had all landed. "WAS IT WRIST STRENGTH OR ARM STRENGTH?! CAUSE THAT ANGLE WAS RIDICULOUS! HOW?!"

"I'll explain it to you later," Aomine chuckled as he patted Sasaki's shoulder. "So hang out with me after the game."

"Oh? Sure, I guess."