fifty one - back

"Are you sure you're okay?" Aomine asked as he walked with Sasaki, escorting him to practice since Akashi could show up and kidnap him again.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Thought I'd die the first day but there's barely any pain now," He assured him, making the Touou Ace squint at him.

"That doesn't sound okay-" He was cut off.

"Hey look we're here!" Sasaki quickly changed the subject, giving him a peck on the cheek. "I'll see you later, love you!"

"I love you too Aya," Aomine smiled, totally forgetting that he was supposed to be reprimanding him for going to practice while still in even a modicum of pain.

The moment he stepped inside the gym, Sasaki caught everyone's attention. "Hey guys-"

"WHERE WERE YOU?!" Riko hit him with her fan repeatedly as Sasaki tried to shield himself. "NOT SHOWING UP, NOT CONTACTING ANY OF US AND THEN SUDDENLY SHOWING BACK UP LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED?!"

"I'M SORRY!!" Sasaki cried, "My boyfriends kidnapped me for a few days and-"

"THAT MAKES NO SENSE!"

"IT'S THE TRUTH!"

"Then it seems I need to have a word with your boyfriends," Riko cracked her knuckles, stopping in her attack on the snowy haired boy. "Were you in on this too, Kuroko-kun?"

"No, the others did it without my knowledge," Kuroko replied, looking annoyed. "They only bothered to tell me that Hayate-kun wouldn't be around for a few days."

"Hmm," Riko's eyes narrowed scrutinizingly before she takes and shook her head. "Alright fine. Anyways, since everyone's here now, let's start practice!"

"Hai!"

~•~

"We have a game soon?" Sasaki repeated as he walked with Hyuuga and Kiyoshi. Aomine had come to pick him up but he'd managed to dodge and get past him by going out the back, since the two had wanted to talk with him.

"Yeah, just a practice game. Should be good to test some things out," Kiyoshi replied, nodding.

"So what was that about your boyfriends kidnapping you?" Hyuuga buttd in. "I mean, I can see it happening, but at the same time I can't see you going along with it."

"Normally I wouldn't," Sasaki agreed, grimacing. "But they managed to make me immobile."

"How'd they manage that?" Hyuuga seemed extremely concerned, but luckily Kiyoshi stepped in.

"Hyuuga, don't you think it's so cute that his boyfriends love him so much?"

"Bah, what do I care!" Hyuuga crossed his arms and turned up his nose, causing the other to two chuckle while sharing a look.

"So when exactly is soon?" Sasaki asked, and three days later, he got his answer. "This makes sense," He sighed as he sat, watching the game on the bench. It was a penalty for missing so much practice without contacting anyone, so he could understand.

The game went well, Seirin winning at 72 to 65. Once the game was over, the team went out for food.

"Dude, what are you doing?" Sasaki asked, squinting at Kagami as he tried to eat a piece of broccoli with his left hand. Just as it was about to go in his mouth, the chopsticks lost it.

"DAMMIT!" He yelled as the broccoli bounced on the table.

"Kagami, shut up already!" Hyuuga warned.

"Uh, sorry about that," The redhead said tensely.

"Broccoli is so slippery," Kiyoshi commented with a smile.

"Is that the problem?" Hyuuga looked towards him with a raised eyebrow.

"What is he doing?" Koganei asked quietly, and Tsuchiba replied a second later.

"He's practicing."

"Practicing?" Everyone turned to look as Kagami attempted to eat another piece of broccoli.

"He's practicing using his left hand," He said when suddenly the broccoli went flying and Number Two popped up and ate it.

"Damn you Number Two!" Kagami growled, "Give that back!"

"Kagami!" Hyuuga raised his voice, causing the redhead to stiffen and sigh, sitting back down.

"By the way, what do you want to do tomorrow?" Kawahara asked, "we finally have the day off."

"Well, I'll probably sleep mostly," Fukuda replied thoughtfully.

"H-hey!" Furihata called out, grabbing something from his bag. It was a flyer for the street ball tournament Kise had told Sasaki about. "Why don't we do this?"

Sasaki tried to keep a straight face as he shook his head. "Can't, I already have plans," He replied, making Kuroko side eye him scrutinizingly. The snowy haired boy felt slightly guilty, but he already had a plan to make it up to him.

"Hey, first years," Riko spoke up, "don't you know what a holiday is? Rest, you have to rest."

"We know," Furihata said, "we know, but.. Kagami, Kuroko and Sasaki always get to play in games and, well, we'd like to play sometimes."

"Good! Good for you!" Kiyoshi exclaimed, "that's the spirit, first years! Right, Hyuuga?" He turned to look at him, and after being put on the spot like that, he just sorta went with it.

"Y-yeah.." He replied hesitantly.

"Hey, Riko, out of respect for that spirit, let's send them off right," Kiyoshi suggested, and Sasaki wanted to snort. He was so good with words it sort of made Sasaki jealous.

"Hey, wait, I-"

"The first years really want to go, let them do it," He told her, causing her to pause.

"W-well, just the first years, then," Riko agreed, making Kiyoshi smile proudly.

"All right! I got her approval," He turned to the ones planning on going. "Do your best, guys!"

"Hai!"

"Okay, let's go!" Kagami smirked, then patted Sasaki's shoulder. "Too bad for you, man."

"Yeah, really wish I could go," Sasaki could barely hold himself together, having to put a hand over his mouth to keep from showing everyone he was laughing.

"Hey, don't cry!"

"I'm not crying!"

"See you guys later!" They soon all headed out from the restaurant, going their seperate ways. As Sasaki was walking home with Kuroko, the two saw someone waiting for them.

Make that two people.

"Hello Hayate," Akashi greeted, standing next to Midorima. "Could we talk?"

(Only one update today, I'm very busy and I barely managed to write this chapter. Anyways, hope you enjoyed and I'll see you on Tuesday!)