one o' six - yeet

(Hey everyone! Two possible updates today, comment goal for this chapter is 73! I know, I know, way higher than normal. And I won't be updating again until around 2pm my time, which may give me enough time to write another chapter for you guys! Anyways, don't hold your breath because I make no promises. So enjoy the chapter!)

"You've relaxed mentally, but that doesn't make you any weaker," Izuki spoke to Hayama as he wiped his sweat with his jersey. "You're way stronger than me, but that doesn't affect my ability to stop you," The point guard smirked. "I'm glad you're not smarter than me."

"Ho-" Sasaki slapped a hand over his mouth, that burn was third degree! He cackled to himself as Hayama looked angry. Then, without wasting a second, everyone got on their marks for a press.

"Kotaro, throw the ball in!" Nebuya yelled from behind Kiyoshi.

"Five seconds!"

"Damn it!" The cheetah threw to Mayuzumi, and everyone gaped at him. Are you really that stupid? Thus, Seirin easily got another basket, adding two points to their score to make it 92 to 91. The crowd went wild.

"Seirin's made a comeback!"

"Will there be an upset?!"

"I can't wait to see how it ends!"

"Defense!" Sasaki called out, heading to the other side. However, as Rakuzan came at them, Seirin realized that Kagami's zone charged defense wasn't enough. Akashi easily shot a three, reestablishing Rakuzan's lead.

"You're so focused on the Zone," Akashi berated the redheaded ace. "You've relaxed your guard against threes. You must be unflinchingly prudent if you want to stop me. But it's only a matter of time," He began walking away. "Even if you enter the Zone, you'll run out of strength eventually. Even with Hayate on your side."

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

"No worries, Kagami," Izuki smiled, heading to the other side for offense. "We'll get them back."

"Yeah," Kagami agreed, following.

"Go Seirin! Go get 'em, Seirin!" The bench screamed as Kiyoshi did a hook shot, gaining two points for, you guessed it, Seirin.

"They're tied!"

"Let's go!"

"Hmph," Mibuchi caught the ball, Sasaki fronting him. "Since Junpei-chan lost our little match, shall we see who will win between you and me?" The shooting guard mused, a smirk dawning on Sasaki's face.

"If that's what you want, I don't mind pummeling you."

"Oh dear, did I just wake the beast?"

"Maybe," The azurette hummed, shrugging. The second Mibuchi decided on a shot, Sasaki lowered himself and jumped, blocking him easily.

"It's a turnover!"

"This is for you, Hiejima-san!" Sasaki said as he paused on the half court line. "Yeet!"

"He's gonna miss."

"No shit Sherlock."

"Not cool, guys. That's my shot."

"See?" Tsuji Naoto gestured to the TV as he deadpanned at Hiejima Makoto. Sasaki had, in fact, missed. "Unless he was in the zone, there's no way even sauce-monster could score with such an exaggerated hook shot."

"Kinda looked like a ballerina," Ota Atsuya observed. "But, like, a really awkward one. That threw out their back."

"Not helping."

"Oh look, they still got the point," Tabuse Yuta drew the Japan National team's attention back to the screen. Kagami had just saved it and was prowling towards Sasaki.

"Make your open shots, dumbass."

"Yeah, my bad," He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

"It's the shooter showdown again!" The crowd cheered as Mibuchi and Sasaki faced one another, the former having the ball in his grasp. Suddenly, Mibuchi went for a shot without faking.

A smirk slid on Sasaki's face.

"Too easy," He purred, jumping with Mibuchi even though the shot was supposedly a Void. Smacking the ball out of the opposing player's hands, the azurette watched the dread sink onto Mibuchi's face. Gah, I hate that look, his face contorted.

"He really is.." Hyuuga muttered, the towel shading his face enough so that his expression couldn't be seen. "...the best player.."

"Yeah.. He even took the Void head on and won," Koganei agreed, sitting next to the captain. "That's gotta be unheard of!"

"Why do you think we keep him around?" Riko smiled cheekily over at him. "Don't worry, there's no way I would replace you with him-"

"I wasn't worrying!"

Seconds later, the buzzer sounded, signaling the end of the third quarter. "Hyuuga-san is coming back in?" Sasaki raised his eyebrows before grinning. "Awesome! Then I'll be going back to point, right?"

"Actually," Riko spoke up, stepping into the azurette's line of sight. "I'm pulling you out for a bit. I'd like for you to get at least a three minute break, since I can see you're running on fumes."

"Oh, haha, okay," Sasaki didn't argue, but he and she both knew Riko had no reason to take him out. But, the point guard was more than happy to get a break, so he sat on the bench as the team went back out, doing a pep huddle.

"Hey, I'm gonna nap, wake me when you want me," The azurette told Riko, who just nodded. Thus, going behind the bench, he laid out on his back, his arms at his sides and closed his eyes.

One breath in. One breath out. Repeated.

Sasaki could feel his system clearing, his mind clearing, his body relaxing with each breath.

"He's one with the floor again, huh?" Takao commented.

"I still don't understand why Seirin pulled him out," Miyaji squinted, leaning on the railing with Otsubo beside him.

"They will put him back in soon enough," Midorima pushed up his glasses, causing them to glint. "Akashi won't let him stay out for long."

Sasaki slowly opened his eyes a minute later, having felt another person enter the Zone. Sitting up, his eyes were drawn to his lover, Akashi, standing alone as Kagami charged him. "Take this Akashi-!"

Sasaki exhaled sharply from his mouth at what he had just witnessed. As Kagami had driven in for a Meteor Jam, the second he lowered the ball and jumped, Akashi took it right out of his hand. How beautiful, he thought.

Immediately following, every person on the court stiffened, tense as they tried to anticipate what the Rakuzan captain would do next. "I will demonstrate my superiority," He began, sparks flowing from his eyes. "To everyone here."

And thus, Akashi went from basket to basket, a one man army as he got past every single person that attempted to stop him. "You have defied me. It's not enough for you to sit," the sparks strengthened. "Kneel."

Easily dodging the two final blockers, Akashi scored a layup. "Witness my sublime form and realize... your defeat is absolute."