eleven - flashy

The entirety of Kaijo was not ready for Sasaki to be anything other than a point guard. It was as if he had been hiding all of his other abilities until then! His speed shot through the roof, his fakes were exceptional, his techniques were flashly but flawless, and his strength rivaled pro wrestlers.

However, Seirin wasn't solely relying on him. They also had Hyuuga, who was shooting threes like the pro he was. Izuki was doing well leading the team, Mitobe was staying well versed under the net, and Kagami was doing his utmost at defense so Riko wasn't complaining, especially since the two teams were tied at 74 with a little over eight minutes left in the fourth quarter.

Both sides were fighting like their lives depended on it, scoring over and over again.

Kise's eyes were focused in on Sasaki as he guarded him. He had never felt such pressure, it was comparable to Akashi and that scared him. But at the same time, it was also thrilling. Kise had found out very quickly that copying Sasaki wasn't possible with his current physical abilities.

But then, at the next dead ball, Kuroko was brought back in, switching with Mitobe. "Woah hey man, why are you back out?! You shouldn't be playing right after you woke up from passing out, Kuroko!" Sasaki spluttered, the worry making his face wrinkle. The blue haired boy shook his head.

"I'm fine. Besides, I'm here to help secure the victory," He replied, making the white haired male sigh and sort of sag, giving up on persuading him to go back and rest.

"Then let's go," Kagami butted in, causing Kuroko to nod.

"Friggin nuts [will be changing it to this now since I like this spelling more lol] you guys are crazy," Sasaki shook his head, grinning. "Let's play some ball!"

The game resumed shortly after, not much changing other than each point taking longer to score.

Sasaki passed the ball back to Kagami, who sent it towards Kuroko, who then shot it back to Sasaki who then decided to do one of the flashiest moves he'd ever learned.

"It's all about timing. Make sure no one is in front of you because if there is, they're probably going to get hurt. You have enough hops to do this, and your projection will get you to the hoop no problem. You can use one or two hands, bring the ball over your head from below your waistline and dunk it. That's the windmill."

Sasaki smirked slightly as he remembered his friend's words. He had already checked, and at the moment the Kaijo players were defending outside instead of inside. And because of that, it was a straight shot.

The white haired male jumped from the free throw line, had the ball at his waist before jerking it up above his head and slamming it into the basket while everyone just watched in awe.

Both coaches stood up, their mouths open as Sasaki dropped down from the hoop. "Alright guys, we're on defense," He called, jogging back as the score changed to 84 Seirin to 82 Kaijo.

Suddenly, there was a shift in the air. Glancing back, Sasaki's eyes widened as a flash of yellow streaked past him. Well now, looks like someone stepped it up a notch, he thought to himself.

Kise dunked and landed gracefully, his eyes like daggers. "I won't lose. Not to anyone. Not even Kurokocchi or Sasakicchi."

"This isn't good," Hyuuga wiped the sweat on his face off with his shirt. "Give it your all, everyone. It'll be just like the first quarter from here on out, a back and forth run and gun game!"

"Fantastic," Sasaki said, smiling widely as he made eye contact with Kise, both holding it.

The run and gun started again, and soon it was 91 Seirin to 93 Kaijo. Sasaki didn't like that, so he decided to do another flashy move because why not.

"Hyuuga!" He yelled from behind him, standing exactly on the half court line. Kise realized what he was doing a second too late. Hyuuga passed to him, and Sasaki jumped. Kise also jumped, only to see that the white haired male had faked that jump.

Shit! Kise thought as Sasaki jumped, drawing a foul off him and shooting.

A four point play of it makes it in! But, only if it makes it in- Kise looked behind him, and watched in expectant horror as he witnessed the ball bounce on the rim. It bounced again, then, almost in slow motion, it fell through the net of the hoop.

"Basket counts! One free throw!" The referee called, and the Seirin bench went up in cheers.

"Nice one Sasaki!" Hyuuga slapped him on the back as Izuki gave him a thumbs up, Kuroko looking as pleased as he could with his blank expression. With the free throw, that got Seirin up to 95 points with barely two minutes left on the clock.

After the free throw, which obviously went in, the game's pacing resumed almost as if it had never stopped. Both baskets swooshed endlessly as more points racked up until they were at ten seconds left with the score being tied at 98s.

Both sides were desperate, but Kaijo had possession. Suddenly, Riko yelled, "Don't just defend! Take the ball!"

Hyuuga's legs almost gave out on him, causing him to not be able to jump to stop Kasamatsu. However, Sasaki was more than ready to help out and did just that. "Don't let your guard down so easily, Kaijo captain!" He reprimanded teasingly.

Hyuuga grabbed the ball and threw it forward towards Kagami and Kuroko, who were already gunning towards the other side. As soon as Sasaki had landed, he immediately darted to help out.

It turned out he didn't need to, as Kagami dunked a buzzer beater, grinning like the son of a bitch that he was. Sasaki's own face lit up like Christmas Eve on crack as the ref called it, and the game was concluded with Seirin as the winner at 100 to 98.

"We did it!"