ninety seven - subconscious

(We lost the semifinals so I'm kinda depressed rn, but I still managed to pump out a chapter! Since volleyball season is now over for us, I'll have more time on my hands so look forward to more updates! Comment goal is 51, as usual.)

“Kagami, can you text me Kuroko’s side of the story?” Sasaki asked, handing him a slip of paper with his number on it. “I have a feeling they’ll be pretty different.”

“For sure,” The redhead agreed, accepting the paper and immediately putting the information into his phone. “I’ll tell coach for you so you don’t have to worry about getting beaten up.”

“Ha!” He threw his head back, thinking that notion was hilarious before grinning at Kagami and giving him a fist bump. “Thanks, man. Well, I’ll be off,” he peaced out, jogging away to get a head start in case Riko decided to chase after him. Luckily, that didn’t seem to be the case as he arrived at his house safe and sound.

In a stroke of luck, no one had graced him with their presence, meaning he’d have Akashi all to himself and vise versa. Since a guest was coming—and he already knew his preferences—Sasaki prepared some drinks and snacks. Soon enough, the door creaked open, revealing the Rakuzan Captain.

“Hey, welcome home,” Sasaki said reflexively, instantly realizing what he said was weird. “Uh, my home, that is.. Errr, hi?” He tried to pass it off like he hadn’t said anything in the first place, causing Akashi to chuckle as he made his way over to him.

“Glad to be home,” He muttered before kissing his forehead, not missing the flush that came and went as quick as a leaf in the wind.

“So, uh, I have many questions,” Sasaki patted the spot beside him, so Akashi sat down. “Do you wanna explain first or—”

“I had an idea on my way here,” He interrupted, gazing at his lover with hooded eyes. “You can see inside my mind, so I thought you may want to meet him personally.”

“Wha—” The azurette stopped himself, puzzling together what the man sitting beside him was intending to say. “Um, I can try?” He offered a response, causing the other to chuckle and brush his hand over his lover’s cheek.

“That’s all I can ever ask of you, Hayate.”

“Alright then,” Sasaki focused on his lover, seeing inside his mind, but more importantly, seeing into his subconscious. And then, almost simultaneously, the two boys dropped onto the bed they were sitting on, unconscious right as the door opened.

“AYACCHIIIIIIIII!!!”

~*~

“Hello Sasaki,” Was the first thing Sasaki heard out of Akashi’s mouth. It took him a second to process that the person he was seeing was definitely not the Akashi he knew, as the one he knew was over by a light, pouting. How he could tell? Their eyes.

“Hello, I take it you’re the other Seiji?” He questioned, “Wow it’s dark. Wait, should I call you guys different things? I’m more confused than I thought I would be, this is weird,” The azurette complained, drawing a smile from the new Akashi.

“You can call me whatever you want. We are the same person, yet,” The two made eye contact. “Different.”

“Obviously, have you guys looked in the mirror lately?” Sasaki deadpanned, “Seiji has heterochromic eyes, which are gorgeous, and you have deep pink eyes, which are equally as gorgeous—wait,” He stopped himself. “Before I go further, are you yandere too?”

“To a certain extent,” The new Akashi admitted.

“Don’t ignore me, Hayate,” Heterochromic Akashi growled, still pouting. This drew a snicker out of the azurette, finding it adorable.

“Is he always like this in here?”

“No, this is new for me as well,” The new Akashi replied.

“Seijiiii why are you all the way over there? You have no right to be complaining when you’re so far away and we’re over here!” Sasaki stuck his tongue out at him, causing the Rakuzan captain to glare at him, obviously upset.

“Don’t tease him too much,” The other advised. “Anyway, should we get started?”

“Wait, first,” Sasaki held up a hand. “I forgot to ask, but are you yandere for me?”

“Yes,” The two answered in sync.

“Cool. Great. Okay,” He took a breath. “Go ahead, I’m ready to hear about the multiple personality thing.”

“Very well,” Akashi hummed, smiling softly as he gathered his thoughts. Heterochromic Akashi joined the two of them, still angrily pouting, as the recounting of their days at Teiko began. It didn’t take long for Sasaki to understand what had happened, how it happened, and why it happened.

“Friggin nuts, you’re so mean Seiji!” Sasaki cried as he shook the Rakuzan captain by his shoulders, said person looking anything but thrilled. “That would break me!”

“I’d never intentionally try to break you, Hayate.”

“I knoooow thaaaat! It’s still really sad,” He wiped his eyes when suddenly two hands were cupping his face.

“It is sad,” The other Akashi mumbled, moving the pads of his thumbs over the remaining tear streaks on his lover’s face. “But it’s in the past, and so am I. Kuroko hasn’t gotten over it, though, so this game will attest to what he has learned and to the fact that he wishes to defy me. I truly believe that I should lose this game.”

“WHAT?!” Sasaki and the other Akashi yelled in sync, one much more furiously than the other who just seemed shocked that that notion.

“I am absolute, I will not lose,” Heterochromic Akashi thundered, causing Sasaki to flinch as the other looked used to it.

“Yes, I know. However, Kuroko has Sasaki on his side, so it will be a tough battle,” He reminded himself, causing the other to tsk.

“Hey guys, can we not do this right now?” Sasaki questioned, frowning a bit. “After your explanation, and getting to know you a bit better, I’d like to hug you guys if that’s okay.”

“Of course,” Akashi immediately answered, smiling at him.

“What for?” Heterochromic Akashi raised an eyebrow, causing the azurette to shrug.

“Because I love you!”

“I love you too,” Akashi whispered into Sasaki’s neck as they hugged tightly.

“I love you more,” The Rakuzan captain grumbled, accepting his own hug as Sasaki chuckled and pecked him on the lips.

“Don’t be jealous of yourself, Seiji, I don’t know how I feel about that.”