33: Thank You

Minji POV

Later during the day, I left my room to head to the kitchen. Jungkook went back inside our room so I immediately left. Opening the cupboard to get a glass, a familiar ringing noise started again. I glance to my left to see Jungkook's phone on the island vibrating as someone kept persistently calling him. His phone has been ringing so much lately. On and on. Sometimes he doesn't even answer the one and this person keeping buzzing his phone with missed calls. Honestly just leave him alone and give my ears peace.

When the calls didn't stop, I put down the glass and went over to his phone to give it to Jungkook and shut it up.

I reach out for Jungkook's phone intending to simply end the call for some peace or hand it Jungkook. But as the caller ID came into view...I freeze. My hand stops midway as a massive wave of shock run through my veins and my jaw drops open at the image. I feel tears automatically fill my eyes just staring at the caller ID as a sudden feeling of nostalgia hits me.

"Dad..."

I suddenly feel myself go all weak and shaky. I..I haven't spoke to my father in ages. W-Why is suddenly calling Jungkook? The longer I stare at the phone as I realise...It was my dad who had been constantly calling Jungkook for ages. But Jungkook never picked up.

My hand magnetically draws closer to the phone. My heart yearning to hear my dad's voice once again. The more the phone rings desperate for someone to pick it up, the more my mind screams at me to just grab it. As soon as my fingers touch the phone, it's snatched away. "What the fuck are you doing?"

I snap my head back into reality, looking at Jungkook, angrily gripping his phone. My state of shock doesn't leave making me unable to answer. All I can do is blankly stare at him lost in my thoughts. Jungkook frowns deeper and snaps his fingers in front of my face. "I'm talking to you."

"My dad is calling you..." I breathlessly say not answering his question. "W-Why is he calling you...?" I ask with tears threatening to leave my eyes the more I think about him. "How do I know if I haven't answered?" Jungkook bluntly says back at my dumb question. It was just the first thing I could say. "Then answer it," I say back in a slightly firm manner to show that this is serious. But Jungkook never takes me seriously. "If I wanted to, don't you think I could have done so when he first called?" he snaps back at me.

I sigh at his helpless response wishing he would just pick up the damn phone. "When did he first call?" I curiously ask, wanting to know how long Jungkook's been shutting off my dad.

"Ever since the day I took your phone off you, it's been buzzing with his hundreds of missed calls per day. After you hadn't answered he started doing the same to my phone" Jungkook bluntly rolls his eyes as if it's just a spam caller annoying him rather than one of the most important people to me.

My mouth hangs agape not expecting him to say that. Jungkook took my phone away from me ages ago...And that's when dad decides to call me. "He's been calling for like 4 months and no one picked up..." I say with suddenly guilt at the thought of how worried he must be or even thinking his daughter is ignoring him. "He's probably worried sick about me" I mumble. "C-Can't I talk to him?"

Jungkook gaze turn into a hard stare at my request. His words don't say anything but his eyes show the exact answer. I don't know why his response hurt me so much. I didn't expect him to allow me anyway. But a tear still rolls down my cheek at his glare. I wish I could convince him. But nothing can. So rather than helplessly begging him, I save my breath. He'll hurt me if I argue too much. And once I start I won't be able to stop. Sighing in loss, I hang my head low...and walk away.