5: Don't Speak Back

I've always loved you more than anyone and remained loyal
Then why are you doing this to me?

Many Months Later...

"Jungkook, you can't stop me from having male friends" I say firmly crossing my arms in front of him. "Well, I'm warning you now Minji that I hate how close you let these people come to you" Jungkook speaks back, the anger on his face rising which is the exact opposite to when we are at work. I really hate how possessive he's becoming over me. Today Taehyung and I were talking a bit more than usual at work. But that's because we found out that we have a lot of the same interests as we got to know each other more. Naturally I was one of Taehyung's first friends since I was the first to talk to him when he came. We actually get along really well and he's such a weirdly funny and nice guy. So, of course we were having fun conversations today. But no. For Jungkook that's a big no. "Jungkook, I can choose whoever I want to be friends with!" I raise my voice.

But immediately Jungkook slaps me for it. It's like a normal thing now for me to go silent and my gaze falls down when it happens. He did it again. He hit me yet again....Upset but not surprised. Jungkook has been doing this for a while now.

"When will you learn not to speak back to me!" Jungkook yells, powerfully looming over me. "I don't have to obey you!" I shout, gathering the courage to speak back at him.
Wrong move....

Jungkook's fist slams into my jaw. I'm in too much shock to scream, my whole body vibrates, turning to the side and I stumble from the impact of it. Straight away, my left hand cups my jaw where Jungkook just struck me and my face scrunches up in pain. Tears all of sudden just run down my cheeks. I'm so sick of this. Why does Jungkook keep doing this to me?

"You have the courage to speak back right after I warned you not to?!" Jungkook continues to yell, in full dangerous mode. A side of him which I've been seeing more of recently but hate the more I see it. Without warning, I'm being pushed backwards hardly and my back hits the wall. I whimper as the pain from my back and front build up, trying to take over each other.

"That's some guts you have!" Jungkook shouts and immediately throws a punch right in my stomach. I scream and bend forward to clutch over where he hit. The pain....I've never felt so much before. Stop it. Please. Stop this feeling...

"Jungkook, I'm sorry! I won't do it again" I manage to speak in a broken down voice as my tears make my face wet.

"Oh really?" Jungkook says in anger. Again a punch lands in the centre of my right arm, making me retract it from my stomach and hold it against my chest, crying from the pain. "Yes, I'm sorry!" I plead out loud. But even then I end up on the floor yelling, as agony hits my legs one after the other. "Jungkook, please stop. Stop!" I beg as I attempt to curl my body up to give Jungkook's foot less space to hit me.

But still, it comes hammering down on me.

~*~*~

The first thing I feel is pain. Just pain. Soreness. Everywhere. I whimper as I try to uncurl my body with my eyes still closed. I move my legs again but gasp because of how much it hurts. I finally flicker my eyes and start to adjust to the light. I groan as I put my left arm on the sofa and use it push the rest of my body up into a sitting position, ignoring the stinging sensation in my arms.

I huddle my body close and wrap my arms around my knees. My dried tears still stained on my cheeks but in no time I quickly shed fresh ones. I start to shiver, sobbing to myself trying to handle all the soreness. I can't believe Jungkook did that yesterday. He actually beat me. Not just a couple hits like usual. He actually hit, punched, kicked me numerous times.