Epilogue

The monster was my past
Now I am the real me

6 Years Later

It's funny...how time passes by.

They say time flies.

But does it really?

For every second long second, I spent thinking about you...How many seconds are in 6 years?

I spent my days and nights wondering if you're missing me as much as I'm missing you

Are you ok?

How are you coping without me?

What you did hurt me beyond my imagination. I clutched onto your letter, cried my heart and soul out until I could handle no more. The pain that stings my heart without you by my side is exhausting.

But I understand why you let me go.

And I want to tell you how proud I am for building up the strength to make such a decision.

It was the right one for our family

But this family is incomplete without you...

"Sooyun, sweetie hurry up," I call out over the voices of the public around while walking in front. "Or I will go on the slide myself then," I say with a teasing smile waiting for her to catch up. Instantly the sound of tiny footsteps come stumbling behind me in excitement. "Nooo, mummy wait for meee!" The little girl came squealing with a teddy bear swinging up and down in her hands.

There she is. Our little daughter. Sooyun.
Jeon Sooyun.

I giggle at her cute behaviour pretending to race towards the playground. Sooyun's ponytail gently bounces as she chases after me. Letting her reach there first, I stand beside the playground occupied by several families and watch how she happily climb up the ladders. "Oh you beat me again," I say with a smile as she reaches the top of the slide. Sooyun giggles in victory cutely scrunching up her nose.

And through her smile, I'm reminded of the way he does the same.
I guess your wish was only partly fulfilled, Kook. Our daughter does indeed take a lot after me. She has numerous habits which I remember doing as a little kid. She has a mix of my features.
But I see you in her a lot.
Her smile that shows those cute bunny rabbit teeth, she's taken after you. And that adorable way you scrunch your nose when you smile, I can see it in her. When I look into her beautiful doe eyes...I'm reminded of you every day.

The two of us played together, running and swinging and everything one could do at a park. Just as I turn around to sit aside and let Sooyun play with some new friends, I hear, "Mummy, why doesn't daddy come and play with me?"

I freeze in my movement, her sudden question taking me by surprise. "I- Ugh..." I look down to see her innocently tugging on my shirt for an answer. "Why are you suddenly asking?" I ask curiously as the topic of her dad only appears occasionally. Sooyun looks behind her for a moment to see a few kids on their father's shoulders having a great time. "All my friends say dad buys them lots of toys and jump on their back and play with them. Where is my daddy gone?"

I take a deep sigh and slowly crouch down at her level. A weak smile is forced on my face hidden with deep grief behind it. It breaks my heart to hear her miss her father and curiously question why she doesn't have one. "Sweetheart...daddy is stuck somewhere," I hesitantly answer in the simplest way possible, taking ahold of her little hand. I can't say nor will she understand the truth.