4: First Hit

6 Years Later - Present Time

"Princess, wake up~" I hear his voice whistle quietly in my ear from behind. I groan and push his arm off mine then huddle the blanket even more. "Sweetheart, that's not gonna work" He says softly and shuffles closer for a back hug. "You have to wake up now" He says squeezing me tighter. With my eyes still shut, I mumble "Nooo. Let me sleep more."

Jungkook sighs. "You're going to be late for work, Miss Lee." I feel him release me and I relax myself in the pillow even more. "Hmm...soon I'll make you Mrs Jeon" Jungkook whispers sitting on the bed beside me. That makes my eyes shoot open. I push the covers off and bolt up. Jungkook chuckles at how quickly I got up at the mention of being Mrs Jeon. Not that I don't want to be. Because I do. Eventually. I've always wanted to be just with Jungkook, and imaged being with him forever. Just not marriage anytime soon. "Come on get up now" Jungkook tells me again and gets off the bed himself to get ready. I yawn, stretching my arms in front of me not wanting to get up but I have to.

Its been 2 years since Jungkook and I have been living in a house of our own. Jungkook wanted to move in together as soon as we became adults because he was dying to get away from the pain of his teenage life and be with me. But I wasn't allowed to move in with him straight away. Only until my dad had to move to another city for work, I was let in this house with Jungkook. As for Jungkook....he was forced into foster care until he was a legal adult ever since his mum died. That day his mum had a car accident and never made it out of hospital. Jungkook hated foster care to his guts. Every 3-4 months his foster family would change. And at least once every fortnight Jungkook would run to me in tears at school. He despised it. Jungkook described it as worst than living with his mother, who he thought of so lowly of. At least his mum was family despite how she neglected him. These families he spent with didn't neglect him as much as his mum but he hated them so much that he preferred his mum's neglect. None of them treated him properly but he didn't share a lot of his experiences with me. But I could tell vaguely what was happening. His mother's death was enough shock and sadness for him but the repercussions of it was worst for him. To him it was most horrible few years of his life, so far. I think that is the main reason why his behaviour has changed....

It's changed a lot since his mother's death. But there's still so much more I have no idea of...

Well, the thing that hasn't changed is that the love between us has grown so much. I'm so happy to be with him for all these years. Jungkook is no longer a weak little teenager. With my help, he's become a stronger adult but at times he still needs lots of support. And I will always give that to him without question. Because I know he's been through a lot and needs me more than anyone. We both need each other. I'm the only one who understands him. No one else does.

~*~*~

At our company building, I left my office to go upstairs to my boss's office with some files in my hands. Jungkook was somewhere else doing his own work while I needed to run these files by my boss. On the way to the elevator, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn to meet an unfamiliar face. "Ugh, could you tell me where the CEO's office is?" He politely asks me. I'm guessing he's new from his question. "Would you like to come with me there? I'm going to his office myself" I ask giving him friendly smile.

The boy nods with a grin. "Kim Taehyung" He introduces himself holding a hand out. "Lee Minji" I shake it. With that I start leading the way to our boss's office with Taehyung beside me.