6: Don't Hurt Yourself...

Jungkook POV
Flashback

Arriving at the hospital from an Uber, I ran straight through the doors. My heart was thumping so loudly. As much as I hated my mum, I needed her to be ok. I hoped she was fine. The doctor on the phone told me it was a car crash.

I barged into the ward she's in and my eyes fell onto a figure laying in a white hospital bed with tubes attached to her body, a heart monitor and in bandages. "Mum!" I yelled and rushed up beside her bed.

"Mum. Mum. Mum, can you hear me?" I frantically asked feeling so worried. I can't loose her. Not now. Not another person. "Wake up. Mum, wake up" I begged her as I gripped onto the handle of the bed. I think she heard me because thankfully she slowly forced her eyes open and gazed at me. "Jungkook" She said weakly.

"M-Mum..." I stuttered as tears suddenly filled my eyes seeing her in a dying state. The blood socked bandage over her head, tubes attached to her arms, the beeping of the heart monitor is all making me scared. This is all too sudden for me to take in.

"W-What happened?" I managed to say. Tears started to roll down my cheeks. "I...wasn't focusing...on driving...properly" She said taking huge breaths between every few words.

"Jungkook" She said and slowly reached her hand out to land on mine. "The doctors said, I might not make it." I rapidly shake my head. "No. No mum. You will. Please" I begged and bent my head down resting it on her hand on top of mine. "You have to...." I plead, crying. I do hate her and have been every second my eyes land on her but...even I can't see my own mum die.

"Jungkook look at me" She said softly. And I did as she said for the first time in a while. "I'm sorry" She whispered. "I'm sorry for everything I've done to you and your dad. I'm sorry I ruined your life which could have been so much better. I ruined your family by making your dad leave then stopped my duty as a mum. I'm sorry I wasn't a good mother to you" She apologised to me with tears in her own eyes.

I looked down feeling guilty as well. "I...I'm sorry too" I say for the first time to my mum. "I-I've been so rude to you for years. Ive called you bad names and shut you away from me which is why you did the same to me" I said trying not to cry harder. I loathe her but I never wanted her to die. I've always wanted to be an adult so I could finally get away from my mum. I've always wanted to go far away from her. But not this way! I'm not ready for this. She's still my mum after all.

"No Jungkook" She said. "You're just a kid and have every right to be angry at me. But please forgive me for my actions" She pleaded. I gulped. I don't know. My life was horrible because of her. But then I was the one who made her this way to me. I sighed and held her hand with both of mine. "Mum...I know you regret what you did years ago. But I can't...forgive you for what you did for many years just yet" I said as gently as I could.
She took a deep breath in pain and everything goes silent for a moment and the beeping goes through my head.

"Who is this girl your dating?" She asked randomly. I paused for a moment, confused at the sudden question but still answer. "Lee Minji." She nodded. "And how long have you been together?"

"Since the beginning of the year" I replied as we speak normally to each other. "And what do you think about her?" She asked. "I love her" I replied with confidence.

She raised a brow in a disapproving manner. "Oh really? A boy who just turned 16 says he's in love?"

And we are back to fighting...

"Yes" I said firmly. "I do love her. We may be young, but I love Minji with all my heart. I have no one else to love. I have no one else who will love me. I have no one else who will take care of me like her. So yes, I do love Minji with my life" I say defensively thinking about my Princess who's done everything for me when the woman in front could not.