43: Forgive and Forget

Third POV
"Yes, I've left the hospital," Minji says over the phone in a heavy voice. Her exhaustion clearly audible having been with Jungkook for a few days now. She kept refusing to leave and rest at home. "Yeah, even Jungkook told me to go rest. I only left because Seokjin is with him. I'm just outside Tae's house now." Minji glances over to the familiar house through the car window. I've been so stressed the last few days, this call and news are what I needed right now. "Ok, have a safe trip, Dad. I can't wait to see you again," Minji say, her lips slightly curving upwards.

After putting her phone away, Minji exits the car while pulling out Tae's spare house keys. Yes, I'm staying with him for a while. Though mostly I'm always at the hospital and with Jin speaking and battling with lawyers and police about Jungkook's sentence and change of conditions. It's stressing me so much and I can't focus properly.

Turning the keys in the door, Minji quietly opens and steps inside the small house. Just as she does, chattering is heard from the living room. "Aren't you going to tell Minji?" Jiyun's voice is heard through the wall separating the two. Abruptly Minji's footsteps come to a halt hearing what her best friend said.

"No. There's no need to," Taehyung says, simply shrugging his shoulders. "Minji has enough on her mind. This unnecessary thing doesn't need to be told to her."

"It's not unnecessary," Jiyun says rolling her eyes at Taehyung's modesty. "Taehyung, you saved Jeon Jungkook's life!"

Taehyung rolls his eyes at her dramatic emphasis on the significance of his actions. Nevertheless Jiyun continues. "The nurse said herself, if you weren't there and didn't give more than donors standardly do, it would have taken much longer to get enough blood meaning Jungkook would have died...
Taehyung you did save him."

Flashback
Taehyung bit his lip, looking down at the shrivelled figure on the hospital bed. With tubes and wires attached to Jungkook's body, Taehyung's eyes drew to the massive blood vial as he rubbed his arm gently where the doctors needle was just in from when he gave up some extra blood a fourth time. All has calmed down now. "He is alive now right?" Taehyung turned around to the nurse behind. She nodded her head reassuringly. "Yes, he is now in a controlled state. It's just the wait for him to regain consciousness." Taehyung nodded at her words. "Thank you again. It was extremely kind of you to give more than usual which helped us save Jungkook," she said. Before she could turn to leave Taehyung urgently said, "Could you do me a simple favour in return? Please don't tell Minji it was me who did this." The nurse as expected was highly confusion and was about to question but Taehyung cut her off. "Please. You can do that for me at least. I'm begging you...Don't tell her it was me." Without saying another word the nurse nodded then left the room.
Once the door was fully shut, Taehyung turned back around towards the hospital bed. Slowly he approached it, feeling deep sorrow for Jungkook whose breathing mask covered his face. A heavy sigh broke the silence within the ward walls as he looked at Jungkook's unresponsive body. "Wake up Jungkook...Quickly," he muttered, stepping closer beside him. "I know that I hate you with all my heart for what you put Minji through but...Minji loves you with all her heart," he spoke quietly to looking down at the floor as he held onto the edge of the bed railing. "If you leave her now...She will leave this world too. She won't be able to hold it together anymore. S-She'll break more than she already is," Taehyung's voice trails off as suddenly he broke into tears. "Please Jungkook. I-I can't hear to s-see her cry this way anymore. Her cries breaks my heart," Taehyung stuttered, sobbing harder the more he spoke. "I'm begging you Jungkook, wake up. Minji saved you when you could no longer hold on without her.
It's your turn to save her...before she no longer can hold on without you."