11: You Aren't Listening

I barely slept that night. I stayed at the edge of the bed as far away from Jungkook as I could with my back to him. But would Jungkook ever let me get away with it? No. He hugged me all night long which only made my tense muscles worse. I was alert the whole time in case he did something.

The next morning we barely spoke to each other while getting ready for work. I'm downstairs waiting for Jungkook to come when I receive a text.

Taehyung: Hey, how're you doing?

I'm fine. Why the sudden question?

Taehyung: Well actually....I saw you yesterday at night

Suddenly panic rises in my chest and my breath hitches. ......What? No!

Taehyung: Well not exactly. I left the building when you did so I saw you and Jungkook in the car park. You looked really distressed and Jungkook purposely wasn't looking at you kinda angrily. Are you alright? Did something happen?

Oh that. Don't worry about it Taehyung.

Taehyung: Are you sure????? You don't seem confident. Did something happen to my lovely friend?

I couldn't help but smile.

No no Tae. Trust me. I'm alright. Me and Jungkook are fine.

Taehyung: Okie then. Make sure to tell me if anything is wrong. I'll be there in a second!

Thanks taetae:)

Just that small bit of concern and question made me smile even.

-

The days went and luckily nothing extreme happened. Thankfully Taehyung and I aren't working in the same field therefore don't see each other very often. Which enables me to stay safe and out of harm from Jungkook. Jungkook is my world yet I've become afraid to be with him. No one can replace Jungkook yet this version of him is....
I don't know how to describe. It's too hard.

It's evening and I'm just sitting in the lounge room scrolling through stuff in my phone. It's been a peaceful day yet there's always a tense, nervous feeling in the atmosphere. I hear the fridge door open from behind me and know it's Jungkook. Then the sound of a glass bottle rattling as it's taken out of the fridge is heard. Not another one...I sigh, closing my eyes and leaning my head back on the sofa. Why won't he stop with the alcohol?
This time I don't dare to stop him though. I tried once and nearly got my head smashed with glass. Don't want to risk it again. So I let him be.

Just then I hear a phone ringing. Of course it's not since Jungkook took it. Which means it's Jungkook's. But it keeps on ringing meaning he hasn't picked it up yet. Turning my head around I see Jungkook casually sipping his drink ignoring his phone on the dining table. Rolling my eyes I stand up and walk over to pick the phone up myself.
Seeing it's Jiyun, I'm guessing she called here since I didn't pick up my own. Picking it up I sit down on a chair. "Hey Jiyun" I call.

(A/N: I know I just Taehyung text her at the beginning. Oops, forgot)

"Oh my gosh Minji. You haven't been picking up my calls! Oh never mind. Did you get the news?" Jiyun goes straight into the topic without even greeting me. I raise my brow hearing the concern and worry in her voice. "No..." I reply not getting notified of anything in particular. "What happened?"

"Taehyung's in hospital!"

My eyes go wide in panic. "WHAT??!!" I yell over the phone as worry about Taehyung fills me. "Why? What happened? Is he ok?!" I frantically ask, gripping the phone tighter.