Prolouge (1): James

Families are like branches on a tree, we grow in different directions yet our roots remain as one

(A/n): Now I'd just like to point something out, I am no expert on the lore of the Calamity mod, so sorry if a few things are mixed up or don't line up, plus some changes will be intentional to fit the story but I wanted to write this just for fun.

And now let us begin.

.....

I lay on top of my bed just staring up at the ceiling of my room, I happened to glance outside the window or my room, the sun was beginning to rise up and soon everyone else would be waking up.

Of course I'm an early bird and so I'm always up before everyone else...but I usually have nothing to do so I just stay in bed and mentally prepare myself for the day.

Oh your probably wondering who I am? Well my name is James, I'm a 15 year old human with messy golden blonde hair and dark brown eyes, I had tanned skin I usually wore a dark brown shirt with a white undershirt, My pants were a dark blue color and my shoes were black.

As for what I'm like...well I'm an aspiring mage, and while I've already got a pretty good understanding of magic and how it all works I've still got a long way before I can say I'm an expert.

As for where I am...well I'm in my bedroom inside me and my fathers house here in stone heart village (Weird name I know)

Now my father works as a chef here in the village, it's it the most impressive of professions but it helps keep our own food on the table as well as pay for the rent etc.

Sometimes I'll help my dad out when we have a lot of customers, which pretty much never happens unless a band of adventurers comes by.

Because when you live in as small as a town as this one then you don't really get to see many people, not that the ones here aren't good.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard the door to my room open up and my dad John poked his head in.

John: Rise and shine sleepyhead.

James: I've been up but alright (I said before rolling off my bed)

I landed on my feel after rolling off my bed sideways and came face to face with my dad.

He was a few inches taller than me and had the same blonde hair and brown eyes as me but his skin was a lighter shade and he had a bit of a beard.

John: Well come on anyway, it's a beautiful day full of opportunities.

James: Sure is...hey maybe if we're not busy today I can go out and-

John: No you can not just 'go explore'

Well it was worth a shot.

See being born and raised in this small town gets boring really quickly, I want to go out and see things and live life to the fullest...probably one of the main reasons I want to be an adventurer if I'm being honest with myself.

I followed my dad outside my room and downstairs to the main room which also served as our actually restaurant (Yeah our restaurant was also our house, the business is on the ground floor while me and my dad slept and had our personal things on the second floor where people were not allowed to go.