Bennet chapter 4

Bennet's POV

...

...

...

...

...

Bennet: Ugh...what happened?

I struggled to open my eyes and when I did it took a while for them to get adjusted to the light, when they did I looked around and didn't recognize where I was but it looks like some kind of house, except I didn't recognize the type of wood it was.

The house was made from some sort of faint yellowish wood, there was some basic furniture around like a sink, chair, table, a chandelier for light which was made from the same yellowish wood, there were two different doors on either side of the room, I looked down and saw that I was laying down on a couch.

Bennet: (What happened...how did I get here?)

I began to think back about what I remember, there was the corruption, then me and my uncle left our home for glade town, then that metal worm thing showed up and...right the worm!

It cornered me at the edge of that cliff and I jumped for it, then I was being pushed around by that water current before hitting a rock and blacking out...considering I'm inside someone's home I guess somebody found me and took me in.

Suddenly I heard what sounded like a toilet flushing from behind one of the other doors, I sat up and waited for a bit until finally the door opened up, a young man walked out and he was wearing a dark grey hat and some sort of dark green vest, he suddenly glanced over to my direction and seemed to jump once he realized that I was awake.

Man: Oh! Your awake...about time.

Bennet: Um hi...where am I?

Man: Well your in my house by the ocean biome-

Bennet: The ocean!? (I asked while jumping up) how the hell did I end up here? I was walking through a forest biome last I checked.

Man: Yeah well I went fishing two days ago out by the ocean and I happened to see you floating out through some river that went out into the ocean...good thing I brought you to shore before you went floating too far off.

Bennet: Whoa wait a minute, did you just say two days ago?

Angler: Uh yeah, you've been out ever since I brought you here.

I've been unconscious for two days? Sheesh, I guess I hit my head harder than I thought.

Angler: Well I mean it could have been more since I don't know how long you've been drifting along the water but...yeah for sure two days.

I laid back down on the couch that I was on and just stared up at by the ceiling, who knows what could have happened in the last two days, what happened to my uncle and everyone else? Did the worm thing leave after it failed to get me? Did it kill everyone else?

No...no I'm sure my uncle and everyone else got away, I mean I ran quite a distance from it before jumping so I'm sure that everyone had the chance to get away.

Man: Anyway names Miles...what about you kid?

Bennet: Oh, I'm Bennet and thanks for helping me Uh...not float off into the ocean.

Miles: Don't mention it, I just did what any sensible person would, especially given how dangerous the oceans been getting these days?

Bennet: Um what?

Miles: Well have you heard about how monsters have been getting more active lately?

Bennet: Yeah.