Bennet chapter 5

I continued to walk through the underground jungle, it was kind of difficult because there were a lot of holes and drops and shit that would take me even deeper into the underground...which I'm trying to avoid.

But the weird thing was that even though I'm underground there were still some trees around here, just how are they even growing?

Bennet: Well at least there's light coming from these spore things.

Not to mention there is some sort of dark green ore in the walls that also gives off a faint light, I'd take it if I could but I don't have a pickaxe...old man Herman probably would have liked to get some of this stuff though.

Suddenly I heard some sort of buzzing sound, I looked up and saw that some sort of giant hornet was flying down from some hole above me and right at me, I quickly fired two shots at it which tore through its body but it wouldn't die, eventually it got close to me and it tried to sting me but I pistol whipped it into the wall before shooting it in the back of the head which finally killed it.

Bennet: I wonder how my uncle's doing, he probably didn't have to deal with giant hornets...and bees...and tortoises and why is it that everything in the jungle is giant?

Is it something in what they eat here that causes it or something? Because of so I want some of it.

I eventually reached some short mud wall that led to a higher part of the underground jungle, I backed up a bit before running towards the wall and then jumping, I placed one of my feet against the wall while reaching up with both my hands and digging them into the mud and began to pull myself up, I had some difficulty due to the fact that it was mud and well...it's slightly slippery but I managed to pull myself up, albeit I ended up dragging a bit of mud onto my short.

I just need to keep going up and eventually I'll find my way out of here, I hope.

Bennet: Would help if I had a little more light than just from these spores and ore though, damn next time I'm going to invest in getting a glow stick or something.

Suddenly when I went down some other tunnel through the caves I saw what looked like a busted up wooden house or shack or something and the door was broken off it's hinges and a green light was coming from it.

Bennet:...Ok well, that doesn't exactly look welcoming but I might find a way out of here so...

I pulled out my revolver and aimed it at the doorway as I began to slowly walk towards it in case anything lunged out at me, eventually I walked through the doorway and into the small shack, the inside was way to small to be a house and the wall and ceiling had holes in them as well as a few cobwebs in the corners, there seemed to be a large chunk of that green ore stuck into the ceiling which was what gave off that glow in it.

But what really caught my attention was the chest that seemed to be made out of solid gold, even though everything else was worn out and dusty the chest looked relatively new.

Bennet: I wonder if anyone's been here recently.

And so I walked toward the chest and slowly began to pick up the lid before opening it fully, I looked inside and thankfully there wasn't some sort of trap or anything but actual items in it.

I reached in and first pulled out a couple of triangle shaped bottles filled with a red liquid, I quickly realized that these were lesser healing potions.