Bennet chapter 9

I just stood there staring at the sand elemental, well as best as I could anyway with sand being blown into my eyes from all directions.

Bennet: (I swear it's like my luck just won't let me reach Glade town)

Why has thou come to this land? (A strange voice spoke to me)

It took me a few moments to realize that it was the sand elemental that had spoken to me...which was weird since I don't remember hearing anything about elementals speaking...well apart from some rumors about people claiming to have spoken to elementals but for the most part, it was believed that elementals either didn't or couldn't speak.

I quickly realized that they were still waiting for an answer and so wanting to avoid potentially pissing this sand elemental that was probably controlling this sandstorm off I spoke up.

Bennet: I don't mean to cause any trouble, I'm just trying to get to glade town which is across the-

Silence, I do not care for your excuses human, your kind trespassing upon my lands shall not be tolerated any longer.

Ok first of all I don't this is 'your' desert you just happen to be a desert elemental.

And second...we were tolerated? Because the sun and monsters sure as hell didn't make it feel like that but-

Bennet: What do you mean you won't tolerate us anymore? What did humans ever do to wrong you?

The elemental's expression turned into a scowl, or at least I think it was a scowl and she continued to speak.

Many humans have come through here as of late and disrupted the wildlife and-

Bennet: What Wildlife? This is a fucking deser-

Do not interrupt me human!

Bennet:...(Was that out loud?)

The elemental took a few moments to compose herself before continuing.

It's as though you humans have made it your goal to cross over my lands and kill everything you see, the green-skinned one even killed the desert scourge, the once great guardian of when this desert was an ocean.

Bennet: Green-skinned? Do you mean Nethlhem? (Was he the one that killed that giant worm thing?)

Aha! So thou are aquatinted with the green-skinned one?

Bennet: Oh no no I barely know the guy I just ran into him during-

All of a sudden the sandstorms began to blow even more forcefully and I couldn't even cover my eyes effectively anymore.

You, humans, you believe that the world belongs to you, that thou can tread wherever thou likes, take whatever you want, destroy whatever you find ugly...just like the humans who attempted to 'remove' my desert for the sake of their farms and homes.

Bennet: (Oh yeah I heard about a project like that once, it ended up failing because as it turns out it's hard to just cover up a desert with dirt, and because they kept getting attacked by desert monsters and sandstorms)

I have tolerated your kind for long enough, I'll make an example of you to show what happens to those that dear to tread upon my lands ever again!

Bennet: (Well shit)